Geno Talks Player Mindset And The Challenge For Him | The Boneyard

Geno Talks Player Mindset And The Challenge For Him

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“Are they aware that this is UConn women’s basketball and that the object is to win four games [to end the season]? Are they aware of that internally? The team, do they talk about it? Do they know that every day in practice, that’s what we’re playing for?

“Because if they’re just going to be content to be good and not think long term, then I think we’ll come up short. We won’t reach our potential, whatever that is. So I’ve been keeping a watchful eye on what’s the mindset, what’s the mood. And if you talk to them, I’m sure they say all the right things. They probably are aware of it, but do they actually live it every day? That’s what you need to find out.”

Still, he admitted he doesn’t want the team to feel like their season is a failure if, say, they go undefeated and don’t win a championship, or for players to break under pressure as he pushes them to reach their potential.

“That is the biggest challenge in coaching now: How much do you challenge them without scaring the hell out of them?” Auriemma said. “I haven’t completely figured that out yet.”

What year is that not an issue? Everbody but Geno figures he's got it figured out. But each team is unique.

This article is chock full of info BTW.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104
Top Bottom