Geno Talks About Evina W | The Boneyard

Geno Talks About Evina W

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
“I really like the way she carries herself on the court,” Auriemma said. “She knows what she’s doing, and she’s got a great tempo about her. I think this is obviously going to be a much different situation for her, so we’ll see how she adjusts to it.”

“I think Eve’s going to be a really, really good player for us, whether this year or next year,” Auriemma said. “Is she going to be able to be all the things that (you want)? I don’t know, I don’t know. I would like to see her just be one thing at a time — be healthy, then contribute, help us win, and then whatever happens after this is on her and her personality. "

Auriemma likes Westbrook's skill set

Some real big positives and maybe an open question or two. But you could say that about many players until they are in the system and being a good team mate and contributor. I like the "get", I like the skill set, and I am optomistic that this is going to work just fine.

Reaction Score
“I really like the way she carries herself on the court,” Auriemma said. “She knows what she’s doing, and she’s got a great tempo about her. I think this is obviously going to be a much different situation for her, so we’ll see how she adjusts to it.”

“I think Eve’s going to be a really, really good player for us, whether this year or next year,” Auriemma said. “Is she going to be able to be all the things that (you want)? I don’t know, I don’t know. I would like to see her just be one thing at a time — be healthy, then contribute, help us win, and then whatever happens after this is on her and her personality. "

Auriemma likes Westbrook's skill set

Some real big positives and maybe an open question or two. But you could say that about many players until they are in the system and being a good team mate and contributor. I like the "get", I like the skill set, and I am optomistic that this is going to work just fine.
I think it goes without saying--he likes her skill set--why would he recruit her if he didn't?? Many here believed/believe she will start. Apparently Geno isn't so sure of that! As I expected she has to learn a lot of the Geno system and functions and probably unlearn some Holly's methods.
I'm happy he likes what he sees. However, my money is on Ania as the 5the wheel on this Uconn go cart or rocket ship.

Reaction Score
Presuming both are eligible to play this season, I am uncertain whether Evina or Ania is better suited to start. I would, however, love to see someone come off the bench and provide instant offense like Vinny "the Microwave" Johnson:

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
You may well be right @BroadwayVa , but let's just keep it between you and me buddy! There were a few Tenn games I took in last season and there were a couple of times when commentators remarked Evina looked frustrated out there. Can you blame her? I can't tell you what offense they were running and I doubt the players could either. That can put your blood pressure up.

Evina had over 3 turn overs a game for the year and 5+ assists on a team in disarray. If she can harness her offensive skills into Geno's team approach she will contribute quite a bit to the Huskies and expand her own game to make her WNBA / Europe ready.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom