Geno takes a jab at the NCAA | The Boneyard

Geno takes a jab at the NCAA

Status
Not open for further replies.

pap49cba

The Supreme Linkster
Reaction Score
From Rich's article on Gabby having her surgery in CT:

“In my mind, that’s the smart thing to do. She’s part of our program. I don’t give a damn what the NCAA says about `she wasn’t enrolled in school yet.’ When a kid signs a Letter of Intent with us they effectively become part of our basketball program. So I think we should do everything we can to keep her as close as possible. So I know we can’t do a bunch of things because of the rules, but starting in May or early June when summer school starts she’s ours. So we encouraged that and they were 100 percent behind it.’’

LINK

Reaction Score
I love that Geno takes care of people as family ... it is the person that is important first ... such human generosity ...

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
"So we encouraged that and they were 100 percent behind it.’’

Who is "they?" NCAA, the Williams, or the doctors, or someone else? Good example of ambiguous pronoun usage.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
"So we encouraged that and they were 100 percent behind it.’’

Who is "they?" NCAA, the Williams, or the doctors, or someone else? Good example of ambiguous pronoun usage.
Your complaint most likely should be aimed at Rich for not editorially explaining the pronoun. It might have made a lot more sense if you were part of the entire conversation. We're getting just a snip here. He also does not explain the reference to the NCAA and what was it they might have said or could say?

The whole subject is interesting enough to devote a longer article. Maybe we'll see one today. This was just a blog entry.

BTW, if I were to guess the "they" is Gabby and her family in this case.

Reaction Score
The NCAA is a complete joke now anyway. Just like major league baseball who have a commissioner handpicked by the owners, and making their own rules. The NCAA has stood by and allowed the Big ten and ACC to raid the other conferences, especially the Big East , just like a bunch of pirates. The NCAA is controlled by a bunch of money hungry university presidents who sit behind closed doors and delve out their judgements. And of course non of the so called tv ananysts have the backbone to say a word about anything. Just like all the baseball yes men !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom

Top Bottom