Geno Surprised Sky Picked KLS. | The Boneyard

Geno Surprised Sky Picked KLS.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
My prediction is reinforced that Lou will be with a better fit team for her when next draft roles around and he can got 2 players he thinks he needs in a trade of Lou to a higher quality team. Be a real shame if she ended up in Seattle or Phoenix right? Head bang:confused::p:D

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
What team would be a good fit for Lou next year?

Reaction Score
Why not Phoenix? I think she could contribute a lot at the 3 there and be closer to home. I don't see the Aces for Lou as long as Young and McBride are there. I think LA could clean house a bit and then have room for Lou.

Reaction Score
Her mom is correct too. The coach looks like something not too pretty now.
Geno's statement only validates the coach not playing her more. It is critical of the GM who drafted her onto a team which really had no immediate need for her skill set. It only justifies the coaches actions, while placing the blame where it belongs- the GM who drafted her. Perhaps they expected to trade her and the deal never materialized. Maybe they can work out a deal for LA's Parker?

Reaction Score
Geno's statement only validates the coach not playing her more. It is critical of the GM who drafted her onto a team which really had no immediate need for her skill set. It only justifies the coaches actions, while placing the blame where it belongs- the GM who drafted her. Perhaps they expected to trade her and the deal never materialized. Maybe they can work out a deal for LA's Parker?
James Wade is the coach and GM

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I was a little puzzled by the selection too, given that Diamond was an emerging star and Gabby was on the roster. Wade chose to play Lou at the 4 and Gabby at the 1, which seemed really odd. I can see Lou as the back-up and heir-apparent to Quigley. She's 11 years younger than Allie.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
The best fit for KLS maybe Phoenix. Bonner is a threat anywhere on the floor, and Griner draws so much attention. This can give KLS the time and space to get off a shot.

the alternative is LA, who desperately need 3-point shooting. KLS is on a rookie contract too, which could be beneficial to LA’s payroll managing all of their veterans

Reaction Score
I see KLS from a different viewpoint than most on this board. For me, KLS is one of the best outside shooters in WBB. So ,IMHO, KLS would fit better with a team that emphasizes trying to set her up for 3 pointers. I realize most of you will not agree but I think the Dallas Wings would be a great fit for KLS.

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
2 current WNBA coaches are getting a close up view of Lou, at training camp, at practice and during the game(both on the floor and on the bench).
Agler I am sure knows what he gets, hard work and BB IQ, as he has coached Karlie in both LA and Dallas.

Last edited:

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
2 current WNBA coaches are getting a close up view of Lou, at training camp, at practice and during the game(both on the floor and on the bench).
Agler I am sure knows what he gets, hard work and BBQ, as he has coached Karlie in both LA and Dallas.

The BBQ was interesting and I did not know the Samuelson's like that food category but I think I figured it out. BB IQ. :)

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
The BBQ was interesting and I did not know the Samuelson's like that food category but I think I figured it out. BB IQ. :)
Believe it or not I typed BBIQ and The Boneyard must have auto correct. I edited it above by spacing the 4 letters Will I have to edit in this message too?

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Believe it or not I typed BBQ and The Boneyard must have auto correct. I edited it above by spacing the 4 letters Will I have to edit in this message too?
Yes, the Boneyard will not post B B I Q, with no spaces as B B I Q with no spaces, it becomes BBQ. Or maybe it is me only?

Reaction Score
What team would be a good fit for Lou next year?
Any team Katie Lou Samuelson may be on. KLS, is a superstar in the making, her talent and desire is among the best Uconn has ever fielded. Don't cry for Katie Lou the world, in and out of Basketball, is her oyster.

Reaction Score
I see KLS from a different viewpoint than most on this board. For me, KLS is one of the best outside shooters in WBB. So ,IMHO, KLS would fit better with a team that emphasizes trying to set her up for 3 pointers. I realize most of you will not agree but I think the Dallas Wings would be a great fit for KLS.
You may have been correct in your observation of KLS up to her senior year. In that year she became a more well rounded players, not just a set up 3 point shooter. She did her turns under the boards, attacked the boards, dished the ball, and yes played more defense. Geno was determined to make her a more valuable WNBA player. Top talent at Uconn is ready to walk into the W because Geno prepares them for that role.

Reaction Score
I don't disagree that they need her, I selfishly would just like her to go to a good team. I also would rather not be forced to watch Arike on the regular in order to see KLS.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Yes, the Boneyard will not post B B I Q, with no spaces as B B I Q with no spaces, it becomes BBQ. Or maybe it is me only?

Why the desire to not have a space between BB and IQ? :confused:

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Aces. Slide McBride to the 2. Plum at point and Young first off the bench. Creates 3 pt threats and space for Wilson and Cambage.
So you're saying she could start for a team that made the semis when she couldn't get off the bench for an inferior team?

Reaction Score
So you're saying she could start for a team that made the semis when she couldn't get off the bench for an inferior team?
Yep. That’s exactly what I’m saying. KLS is not as good as DD or Quigley period.

However, I think a natural scorer like KLS would be a better fit on the Aces. It would allow McBride to play the 2 which is where she should play and put Plum at the 1. Then let Young come in for Plum. Even though the Aces are a better team than the Sky, the Sky has way better Wings in my opinion and that’s where KLS plays.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom