Geno still coaching on BEC podium interview | The Boneyard

Geno still coaching on BEC podium interview

Reaction Score
Astute observation by Geno during UConn’s BEC postgame trophy award court podium interview that as seniors, even if/when your UConn career hasn’t unfolded as you have intended, you still have 3-weeks in March to rewrite.

That was a powerful message directed squarely at C, Liv, & E. Camera cut immediately to closeup of Liv. Geno always coaching— even & sometimes especially during interviews/pressers, using public sound bites as indirect but effective messaging tool to his players.

What a pleasure to behold the master at work!

Last edited:
Reaction Score
For the first time in 6 years the seniors will have a bonefied chance of winning the NC. They certainly are well prepared and good enough to do it. Their team co-hesiveness is the fuel driving this well oiled machine. Can't wait for the tourney to begin.GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
For the first time in 6 years the seniors will have a bonefied chance of winning the NC. They certainly are well prepared and good enough to do it. Their team co-hesiveness is the fuel driving this well oiled machine. Can't wait for the tourney to begin.GO HUSKIES!!!
They did not have a bonefide chance in 2017, after running the table during the regular season and filled with All-americans

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
Every team that plays in the Final Four has a bona-fide chance to win the NC! Every team!
(Excluding 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 for obvious reasons)

Reaction Score
2016 was their last NC. 2017 to 2022 is 6 years. I am talking about the team's chemistry that they have which in my opinion was nothere in the 5 previous year. The chemistry they now have is better than the last 5 years. In my opinion,which the Boneyard is suppose to be about.

Reaction Score
2016 was their last NC. 2017 to 2022 is 6 years. I am talking about the team's chemistry that they have which in my opinion was nothere in the 5 previous year. The chemistry they now have is better than the last 5 years. In my opinion,which the Boneyard is suppose to be about.

It is easy to say after the fact since you already know the outcome but the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 teams are both great teams and both of their losses in the FF4 could be considered unlucky. They could have gone on the win the NC in both of those years and you would have sung a different tune.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
They did not have a bonefide chance in 2017, after running the table during the regular season and filled with All-americans
What jazz's me is that, in all good faith, UConn actually has a bonafide chance.

Reaction Score
It is easy to say after the fact since you already know the outcome but the 2016-2017 and 2017-2018 teams are both great teams and both of their losses in the FF4 could be considered unlucky. They could have gone on the win the NC in both of those years and you would have sung a different tune.
As a UCONN diehard fan,yes, I would have sung a different tune. Of Course, but, they didn't have it in them to finish and win the NC. I believe with all my heart that this team will finish with the title. NO 12!!!

ClifSpliffy

surf's up
Reaction Score
their chemistry is electric. coach knows this, and as his expressions in that interview showed, he's got a tiger by the tail and having a blast.
good on him, good for us. it's unusual in hoops to have a team so connected, talented, and deep. that 'deep' part makes coach smile when none of them care about starting, floor time, shots, or getting little smiley faces on their lunchbox. unusual - this team is different.

Reaction Score
As a UCONN diehard fan,yes, I would have sung a different tune. Of Course, but, they didn't have it in them to finish and win the NC. I believe with all my heart that this team will finish with the title. NO 12!!!

Hard to believe a die-hard fan would have said that those 2 teams did not have a bonified chance to win the NC those 2 years. They pretty much dominated their schedule including some very tough OOC games and if not for a couple of tough last-second shots they would have gone on to play for the NC and even in the ND game, they might have won that game on the last play if Lou's shot had gone in. Geno in the last game presser spoke very highly of those 2 teams about the level of trust the team has in Lou and Pheesa, something they have now with this team.

Reaction Score
Hard to believe a die-hard fan would have said that those 2 teams did not have a bonified chance to win the NC those 2 years. They pretty much dominated their schedule including some very tough OOC games and if not for a couple of tough last-second shots they would have gone on to play for the NC and even in the ND game, they might have won that game on the last play if Lou's shot had gone in. Geno in the last game presser spoke very highly of those 2 teams about the level of trust the team has in Lou and Pheesa, something they have now with this team.
I am a die hard fan and each loss in the Final Four broke my heart. You stress that it was a couple of last second shots that went in was why they lost. I say their defense was lacking and that's why they lost. My contention is with this team's defense if they were l playing at that time ,do you believe a couple of tough shots would have been made for us to lose?

Reaction Score
I almost forgot that we now have NINE players with scoring abilities now. Back then we had SIX and maybe Seven for Geno to work with.

Reaction Score
I am a die hard fan and each loss in the Final Four broke my heart. You stress that it was a couple of last second shots that went in was why they lost. I say their defense was lacking and that's why they lost. My contention is with this team's defense if they were l playing at that time ,do you believe a couple of tough shots would have been made for us to lose?

As Geno always says, there is another team playing and this is sports, sometimes you play your best and still lose. A lot of people blamed Geno for mismanagement of the lineup for the ND loss but I am not one of them. The best team does not always win.

RedStickHusky

formerly SeoulHuskyFan
Reaction Score
Astute observation by Geno during UConn’s BEC postgame trophy award court podium interview that as seniors, even if/when your UConn career hasn’t unfolded as you have intended, you still have 3-weeks in March to rewrite.

That was a powerful message directed squarely at C, Liv, & E. Camera cut immediately to closeup of Liv. Geno always coaching— even & sometimes especially during interviews/pressers, using public sound bites as indirect but effective messaging tool to his players.

What a pleasure to behold the master at work!
That was pretty impressive. I like how he didn't muddle the message with subtlety.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom