Geno snarks on Stewie | The Boneyard

Geno snarks on Stewie

Status
Not open for further replies.

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
From Rich, quoting Geno:

"She [Stewart] looks good. If it was an emergency, she actually could’ve played tonight if we had to play her. But not with games on Saturday and Monday. So I’m expecting her fully to be ready to go on Saturday. But she’ll screw up our rotation so I might not play her anyway.’’

:D

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Geno used the depth of the bench yesterday early and often.

HGN

Reaction Score
" But she'll screw up our rotation so I might not play her anyway. "..........That Geno, he really knows how to needle a player.

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Snarky is usually an adjective. From the net: Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

But this poster has turned it into a verb: to snark, to apply language that contains quips, etc, as above.

I think I've heard it used adverbally as well, but you might have to then say snarkily...I dunno..it's evolving, clearly.

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Snarky is usually an adjective. From the net: Any language that contains quips or comments containing sarcastic or satirical witticisms intended as blunt irony. Usually delivered in a manner that is somewhat abrupt and out of context and intended to stun and amuse.

But this poster has turned it into a verb: to snark, to apply language that contains quips, etc, as above.

I think I've heard it used adverbally as well, but you might have to then say snarkily...I dunno..it's evolving, clearly.

Now you are just being snarky. :D

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
Living language in action!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Re: SNARK as a verb

...it just felt right...:cool:

semper

Paleographer
Reaction Score
Yeah, could be the source...check a slang dictionary. Notice that the poster says snarks on...with reference to verbs such as dumps on, etc, giving the phrase extra punch.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Suppose we take his remark seriously...

I actually think that rotations are not all that set, with no role yet for Tuck, as yet.
I have not ever critizied Caroline, but clearly Mo is taking away playing time.
Geno had real nice things to say about Bria, but shooting percentage? Turnovers? Seemed less than ideal from my perspective. Perhaps he is anticipating a return to form after her various ankle maladies subside.

Is Kelly in a minor funk?

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score

I think Kelly is making riskier passes in an effort to make the offense flow better and get more scores, and as a result she is turning it over more. Obviously the last thing she is worried about is protecting her gleaming A/TO ratio.

Which is what you would expect from her, and why she is so valuable and will be also in the WNBA.

Jim

Reaction Score
I think that Kelly has been getting more (positive) press and now opponents are watching more film of what she likes to do. I think she hasn't (yet) adapted to take advantage of this.

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score

I actually think that rotations are not all that set, with no role yet for Tuck, as yet.
Geno had real nice things to say about Bria, but shooting percentage? Turnovers? Seemed less than ideal from my perspective. Perhaps he is anticipating a return to form after her various ankle maladies subside.

With all due respect, it appears pretty set to me. Starting team is the same and he will rotate in Jefferson, Stewart, banks, stokes and tuck depending on matchups. Health has prevented that from happening so far this season.

Reaction Score
That comment was Geno being Geno and nothing more. It wasn't a swipe at Stweart. It was a smart ass Philly comment.

Reaction Score

Kelly wants to win so badly that at times she's trying to do too much. Maya couldn't do it all by herself, her last year, in the last game against Notre Dame. They have to win as a team or lose as a team, but they have to play as a team.

Reaction Score
With all due respect, it appears pretty set to me. Starting team is the same and he will rotate in Jefferson, Stewart, banks, stokes and tuck depending on matchups. Health has prevented that from happening so far this season.

100% correct. The roation is set. Geno tried strating Stewie and didn't like that. An as an example, with all due respect to Heather, she isn't in the regular rotation, is she?

Reaction Score

I think minor is the key word. She's been the most consistent player on the roster this season (perhaps with apologies to KML), but everyone...and I mean everyone...has some bad games from time to time. She'll be just fine, although it may be that there is some regression to the mean on her assist/turnover ratio and shooting percentages over the next few games.

Reaction Score

For those of us who like to look ahead...and who doesn't?...what happens with the graduation of Kelly? Who's going to take on the role of guarding the opposing teams' best player...or how will Geno divide the workload?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom