Geno Signs Contract Extension | The Boneyard

Geno Signs Contract Extension

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
So let's wait a couple of years before starting new Who Comes After Geno threads.

Four years will see all last year's and this year's frosh through their senior year.
In Your Dreams Blaxploitation GIF by Warner Archive

Reaction Score
So let's wait a couple of years before starting new Who Comes After Geno threads.

Four years will see all last year's and this year's frosh through their senior year.
No....

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I just logged on, an this was the first thread that caught my eye this morning. Unless we get a report that an All-American 6'7" junior is transferring in, and is "hungry/extremely motivated" to play for Geno, this is by far THE BEST news I'll read here all day. I'm a here and now type of guy. I live in the now. I don't worry about "down the road." I respect the fact that others do. I may not be around when "down the road" gets here. I'm interested in today!! Tomorrow will take care of itself.

Inside Geno Auriemma’s new UConn deal: Breaking down the salary, bonuses, perks and exit fees

I'm extremely pleased to learn that Geno will be at UConn through 2025. Rutgers head coach C. Vivian Stringer is 72 and still going strong. Why can't Geno coach into his 70's if he wants to? :rolleyes: Whenever he leaves, it will be on HIS terms. The school will never force him out.

With the amount of elite talent that's already here and on the way, I think UConn should win at least two (maybe 3) NC's. He's got some of the best and highest rated talent in the country coming in the next couple of years. Some are "plug-n-play" (Paige, Evina, Nika and Aaliyah), others (Mir & Piath) need coaching and grooming. He'll have without a doubt the best guard tandem in the country.

Paige won every conceivable award in the country last year. She's only going to get better. THAT thought alone should scare the hell out of their opponents. Now she'll have Azzi riding shotgun for her. There are a number of knowledgeable and informed talent evaluators/AAU coaches that have seen both play in person, and thinks that Azzi is as good if not better than Paige. :eek:

With the advent of the NCAA allowing players to "play for pay", and the "transfer now and play next year" rule coming into effect, recruiting as we know it may likely take on a whole new and different dynamic. The rich (P5 elites) will get richer and stay rich, while the smaller programs that will become nothing more than "feeders" for the larger programs, will NEVER be able to compete with the top 7-8 programs (that will attract all of the best players from those smaller schools) for a NC.

I think it's not inconceivable that some "poaching" will begin (if it hasn't already). Not directly mind you, but to and through second and third party (AAU coaches/family/friends) sources. Coaches can plant seeds of interest any number of ways, especially those on the hot seat, and whose jobs may be on the line. You may or may not agree with my take. Time will prove me right or wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I'd really like to see things stay as close to way they are now as possible.

It will be a very sad day in college athletics when athletes choose a school based on the earning $$$ potential it offers rather than the best opportunity to receive a quality education and/or winning a national championship. I think THAT day is on the horizon. :confused: Some of these kids are thinking dollars, not an education or championships.

Five-star "high school" junior point guard set to join NBA's G League Ignite next season​

The move signals a shift in the nature of the G League Ignite's thinking. Henderson is the first high school junior to commit to the Ignite program and, due to his age, marks the first player signed who is not NBA draft-eligible the next year.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
You'll have to get in line. Tennessee and Notre Dame fans have got first dibs. Many of them hate Geno (and UConn), and have wanted his head on a stick for years. :mad:
Why and how could you “hate” a coach? Ridiculous. Envy and jealousy create monsters. Tennessee fans are bass ackwards! Lol

Reaction Score
I just logged on, an this was the first thread that caught my eye this morning. Unless we get a report that an All-American 6'7" junior is transferring in, and is "hungry/extremely motivated" to play for Geno, this is by far THE BEST news I'll read here all day. I'm a here and now type of guy. I live in the now. I don't worry about "down the road." I respect the fact that others do. I may not be around when "down the road" gets here. I'm interested in today. Tomorrow will take care of itself. I'm extremely pleased to learn that Geno will be here through 2025. Rutgers head coach C. Vivian Stringer is 72 and still going strong. Why can't Geno coach into his 70's if he wants to? :rolleyes: Whenever he leaves, it will be on HIS terms. The school will never force him out.

With the amount of elite talent that's already here and on the way, I think UConn should win at least two (maybe 3) NC's. He's got some of the best and highest rated talent in the country coming in the next couple of years. He'll have without a doubt the best guard tandem in the country. Paige won every conceivable award in the country last year. She's only going to get better. THAT thought alone should scare the hell out of their opponents. Now she'll have Azzi riding shotgun for her. There are a number of knowledgeable and informed talent evaluators/AAU coaches that have seen both play in person, and thinks that Azzi is as good or better than Paige. :eek:

With the advent of the "play for pay", and the transfer now and play next year rule coming into effect, recruiting as we know may likely take on a whole new and different dynamic. The rich will get richer and stay rich, while the smaller programs that will become nothing more than "feeders", will NEVER be able to compete with the top 7-8 programs (that will attract all of the best players from those smaller schools) for a NC. I think it's not inconceivable that some "poaching" will begin. Not directly mind you, but by second and third party (AAU coaches/family/friends) sources. Coaches can plant seeds of interest any number of ways, especially those on the hot seat. You may or may not agree with my take. Time will prove me right or wrong. I hope I'm wrong. I'd really like to see things stay as close to way they are now as possible.
Best news since the mc rib comeback..had to say it.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Early on this past season I wondered how much longer Geno wanted to do this. He seemed tired. He was struggling to get a young team in line with all the many unprecedented challenges of coaching during the pandemic: cancellations, postponement and an overwhelming concern for everyone’s health and safety.

But this year’s team brought Geno out of his funk with their youthful exuberance, hard work and commitment to each other. I’m not sure if it was Sue or DT who commented on how this year’s team had reinvigorated Geno. As I said, I hope the guy coaches forever.

Reaction Score
Early on this past season I wondered how much longer Geno wanted to do this. He seemed tired. He was struggling to get a young team in line with all the many unprecedented challenges of coaching during the pandemic: cancellations, postponement and an overwhelming concern for everyone’s health and safety.

But this year’s team brought Geno out of his funk with their youthful exuberance, hard work and commitment to each other. I’m not sure if it was Sue or DT who commented on how this year’s team had reinvigorated Geno. As I said, I hope the guy coaches forever.
GA is a master at using his media crew to project whatever he wants to get out there. Young teams or not, all coaches were struggling to do the same thing.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
GA is a master at using his media crew to project whatever he wants to get out there. Young teams or not, all coaches were struggling to do the same thing.
No doubt. But all coaches are not 67 years old.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Renee for the win. Quoting one GOAT when talking about another GOAT.

Is Rene trying to Geno to coach the Dream?

Reaction Score
No doubt. But all coaches are not 67 years old.
67 isn't that old. He's getting better at the message manipulation with age, he's got Dailey and 2 younger coaches to handle all the Gen Z stuff, and he can take naps whenever he wants. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom