Geno Says | The Boneyard

Geno Says

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"These guys all have something that helps them. Right now they're not up to speed from a competitive standpoint of what it means to play here. Right now they're a little uncomfortable with the competitiveness that goes on here."

What is he saying? It can't be that team mates are cut throat. Is it just they are not use to playing 100% on all the time? Is it the head? Is it the feet? Is it both? Is it I can't match that!

Am I thinking too hard? Rarely accused of that.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
Don't think it the cut throat part because all the freshmen interviewed thus far (Megan, Lexi, Mikayla) all mentioned that the upperclassmen are there for them and want them to be successful. I think it the Everything aspect of the UCONN program where EVERYTHING literally is a win or lose proposition-every drill, every sprint, every rotation, every lose ball, every pass, every shot, every cut, every CD trivia contest..... In a typical HS practice and probably 98% of other Division I programs there is typically 3 competitive things that happen at practice a sprint, a scrimmage, maybe some kind of shooting drill to conclude practice. In HS every UCONN player won the majority of the competitive things in practice. At UCONN a player can go several practices having to compete for everything and rarely winning anything. To their credit they all ( yet to hear from AEH) seem to understand that this is exactly what they signed up by coming to UCONN. They will all be fine and I do think you are thinking too hard. :D

Last edited:
Reaction Score
"These guys all have something that helps them. Right now they're not up to speed from a competitive standpoint of what it means to play here. Right now they're a little uncomfortable with the competitiveness that goes on here."

What is he saying? It can't be that team mates are cut throat. Is it just they are not use to playing 100% on all the time? Is it the head? Is it the feet? Is it both? Is it I can't match that!

I don't really see those remarks as anything different from what Geno says at the start of any season. The freshman are behind because they, and then fill in the blanks. All will be well.

Reaction Score

What is he saying? It can't be that team mates are cut throat. Is it just they are not use to playing 100% on all the time? Irs it the head? Is it the feet? Is it both? Is it I can't match that!

Geno Says?? Thought you had a new version of SIMON SAYS!!

Geno should call this first 6 months: Geno's Boot Camp! Except for the going to classes; it has many of the principles of Boot Camp. Geno with these blurbs is tempering the expectations ofus fans. Not to worry these ladies are tough. The will either succeed or they will either ride the pines or leave. My bet most will do neither they will be the new "core 4"..
Some not matter how HARD THEY THINK have no real thoughts--you cannot be accused of that.

Reaction Score
Don't think it the cut throat part because all the freshmen interviewed thus far (Megan, Lexi, Mikayla) all mentioned that the upperclassmen are there for them and want them to be successful. I think it the Everything aspect of the UCONN program where EVERYTHING literally is a win or lose proposition-every drill, every sprint, every rotation, every lose ball, every pass, every shot, every cut, every CD trivia contest..... In a typical HS practice and probably 98% of other Division I programs there is typically 3 competitive things that happen at practice a sprint, a scrimmage, maybe some kind of shooting drill to conclude practice. In HS every UCONN player won the majority of the competitive things in practice. At UCONN a player can go several practices having to compete for everything and rarely winning anything. To their credit they all ( yet to her from AEH) seem to understand that this is exactly what they signed up by coming to UCONN. They will all be fine and I do think you are thinking too hard. :D
You as usually are correct. I believe because you've seen much of this. Accepting or rejecting the difficulty is all mental. I agree they will be fine or even great.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom