Geno Recycles A Theme | The Boneyard

Geno Recycles A Theme

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Maybe this is buried down there somewhere. If so, mea culpa. Under the weather and tired, tired, tired.

“The last couple years, we go into every big game on ESPN and I go, ‘I hope today’s the day we get our ass kicked,”’ Auriemma said. “Just so that we can feel what it feels like to regroup a little bit. Once in a while I’d like to have our kids look at something and get pissed off. But that doesn’t happen.”
It’s nuts, right? It’s not normal,” Auriemma said. “Our seniors have never lost a regular season game, conference or non-conference. They live in a world that by any stretch of the imagination is the most ridiculous thing. If you wrote a book for middle school kids, ‘There’s a team and they never lose,’ the kid would go, ‘This is fiction’. This isn’t real. It’s not normal. I want them to get back to normal.”

UConn Women’s Basketball Constantly Fighting Complacency

What "normal" would satisfy Geno I wonder? Maybe we find Geno's normal this fall with a butt whipping or two or four?

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score
“The last couple years, we go into every big game on ESPN and I go, ‘I hope today’s the day we get our ass kicked,”’ Auriemma said. go, ‘This is fiction’. This isn’t real. It’s not normal. I want them to get back to normal.

I have a bad feeling that Geno will be feeling normal this season as in 3 to 5 "normal" games.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I don’t know if a loss is necessary to give your players a chip or an edge to go off of. They’ve been in enough close games and lost on the largest stage that if they don’t have an edge now I don’t think they will. I understand the mentality of “yeah but we still won” and moving on from a close game like Texas or Notre Dame during the regular season last year as if nothing needed to change, but if having to rally in the 4th quarter to win the game doesn’t wake them up I don’t see how a loss will. But then again there’s a reason I’m here and Geno is in Storrs.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger
Top Bottom