Geno radio show 11/30 | The Boneyard

Geno radio show 11/30

Reaction Score
Airing on Facebook! So I'm actually listening.

Sounds like KLS will be playing a bit on Sunday.

Geno doesn't know when Batouly will be back. Says she's not 100%. And then even if she's onsidered healthy, there's the mental issue of being 'ready' to play.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
Airing on Facebook! So I'm actually listening.

Sounds like KLS will be playing a bit on Sunday.

Geno doesn't know when Batouly will be back. Says she's not 100%. And then even if she's considered healthy, there's the mental issue of being 'ready' to play.
Can you give us a synopsis of what he had to say? thanks!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
One of the players talked to Geno before the Nevada game and admitted to mental fatigue. The team really wanted to go home, but they still had a game to play. I think that was apparent in the second half.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
One of the players talked to Geno before the Nevada game and admitted to mental fatigue. The team really wanted to go home, but they still had a game to play. I think that was apparent in the second half.
Yeah it was clear to me basically from the tip.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
"Batouly, I have no idea." Mentally, she's still rusty.

Lou will do some stuff on Friday, a little more on Saturday, and will play some on Sunday. Maybe her minutes will be limited. The trainer wants to limit her minutes. Lou went to Geno to appeal that.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Coach says it's not always going to be pretty. The days of flawless basketball are over.

He compares it to a pitcher who has great stuff one day and throws a 2-hitter. The next time out, he has no command and needs to figure out a way to win.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno was watching a tape recently of the 2016 team--Lou, Gabby, and Pheesa were the 6th, 7th, and 8th players. Must have been a good team.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
UConn has improved considerably from an academic perspective. It makes recruiting much easier than 25-30 years ago. Nancy Stevens recruits worldwide against Virginia, Duke, and North Carolina.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Coach says it's not always going to be pretty. The days of flawless basketball are over.

He compares it to a pitcher who has great stuff one day and throws a 2-hitter. The next time out, he has no command and needs to figure out a way to win.

I think this is very astute observation. Back in the days of Lobo we thought the game was physical but it is nothing like today. It's very difficult to have a fluid offense when the players are allowed to bang all over the court. Sadly I think he is right.

Reaction Score

LOL. He has said similar things like this for 30 years.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score

11/17 defeat a ranked Cal team and lost their best player to injury
11/19 defeat a ranked Maryland team and deal with emotions of their teammate Lou not being able to play in her homecoming game
11/20 travel 3000 miles to LA
11/21 defeat highly ranked UCLA in hyped game before large crowd at Pauley
11/22 travel to Oregon, Nike events
11/23 Thanksgiving dinner away from home and families, practice
11/24 practice
11/25 defeat Michigan State in Oregon
11/26 travel to Reno for Gabby's homecoming
11/28 defeat spirited Nevada team in front of big crowd

Classes for the semester are ongoing; there are exams coming up and papers/projects to be done.

Even 18-22 year-olds experience fatigue, mental and physical.

Imagine how they'd feel if they logged in here and read about their disturbing tendencies.

Reaction Score
When they first announced the 9-day roadtrip I noted that it was the longest I'd ever seen from UConn. And though I don't follow other teams closely, I can't recall any other team being on the road that long.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
11/19 defeat a ranked Maryland team and deal with emotions of their teammate Lou not being able to play in her homecoming game
11/24 practice

Classes for the semester are ongoing; there are exams coming up and papers/projects to be done.

Imagine how they'd feel if they logged in here and read about their disturbing tendencies.
I imagine that they would be disturbed.Head bang

HGN

Reaction Score
When they first announced the 9-day roadtrip I noted that it was the longest I'd ever seen from UConn. And though I don't follow other teams closely, I can't recall any other team being on the road that long.
Vowelguy , I am just glad they are back on campus safe and sleeping in their own bed for the last few days. Let the other teams travel to them for a change.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
11/24 practice

Geno compared it to an NBA road trip. It was grueling.

The Pauley crowd was the 3rd largest ever there, slightly short of the record. It was LOUD. The Nevada crowd was a record by a large margin. They too were enthusiastic.

I'm feeling a little travel fatigue (So. Cal. and Maui) and I didn't have to guard Jordin Canada!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I just watched the radio broadcast--which seems like a strange thing to say--but did you catch what Geno said at the very end of the show? He curled his lip and snarled <--(that's subjective) "Kill the Irish." I'm taking that as confidence...and don't anyone dare dissuade me of that notion!

Reaction Score
I just watched the radio broadcast--which seems like a strange thing to say--but did you catch what Geno said at the very end of the show? He curled his lip and snarled <--(that's subjective) "Kill the Irish." I'm taking that as confidence...and don't anyone dare dissuade me of that notion!

No doubt we will kill the Irish. I wish they had Achonwa and Diggins available, but we would still win!!!

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
11/24 practice

It's a pretty impressive two-week resume.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom