GENO Presser today (Wears Quinnipiac T Shirt) | The Boneyard

GENO Presser today (Wears Quinnipiac T Shirt)

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Geno is doing his day before press conference and he’s wearing a Quinnipiac T Shirt. Talking about he’s glad UCONN doesn’t have to play them! Walking out he made fun of how Landers pronounced it!!!

Video was available on UCONN Husky Live facebook feed. Will be posted shortly.

Blueballer

Transhumanist Consultant
Reaction Score
Jacobs asked him about the "Me" comments he made last year going viral. Geno said he wanted to be clear he wasn't complaining about kids but more explaining the type of kids UCONN has always recruited.

Reaction Score
Geno's pretty amazing comments on Pheesa:

"She is the same everyday. So what you are seeing every game is what she does every day in practice. Nothing ever changes. She is a lot like Maya Moore in that respect.... If you think about it, there may not be another player in the country who can do as many things offensively as Pheesa can and I don't care who they talk about.

She is not going to win National Player of the Year. I get that, but I will tell you what, IF I COULD ONLY TAKE ONE PLAYER IN AMERICA ON THE OFFENSIVE END, OF ANY OTHER PLAYER THAT IS PLAYING COLLEGE BASKETBALL TODAY ... I WOULD TAKE PHEESA OVER EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY ON THE OFFENSIVE END. And she does it every game and she is probably going to suck tomorrow."

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jacobs asked him about the "Me" comments he made last year going viral. Geno said he wanted to be clear he wasn't complaining about kids but more explaining the type of kids UCONN has always recruited.

I admire him to death and have not viewed the presser yet, but that remark/explanation/clarification is , as the good old boys would say, "a dog that won't hunt." He was clearly complaining about kids, kids "ruined" by their parents, coaches, the social media that breeds narcissism, etc etc etc.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
So who owns the rights to Geno's presser, the NCAA? Because that video is horrible. I'll wait for the real deal. Where is cro-magnon man when you need him! There is a whole in my search software. I can never find these pressers - yeah, yeah I know, image shattered! ;)

Q Shirt.jpg

You don't step on Superman's Cape.

Reaction Score
The best line was when Geno was asked about Lou having made 5 rebounds in each of the past few games.. Geno says "how many?" the reporter says "five!" Geno says "On purpose?" :)

In the first tournament game I saw TWO offensive rebounds land in Lou's hands purely by accident. She bobbled and lost the ball both times but, hey, it's a start!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Strange - the NCAA got the pre and post game pressers from all the 16 first round sites up quickly, but they have nada that I can find from yesterday or today. More of the WCBB is the minor leagues mentality, or a problem with ESPN their broadcast partner coordinating with them. That was the excuse they used for the NCAA March Madness app - that was all CBS and ESPN hasn't done the same for the women - nothing to do with the NCAA being an old boys club.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Geno's pretty amazing comments on Pheesa:

"She is the same everyday. So what you are seeing every game is what she does every day in practice. Nothing ever changes. She is a lot like Maya Moore in that respect.... If you think about it, there may not be another player in the country who can do as many things offensively as Pheesa can and I don't care who they talk about.

She is not going to win National Player of the Year. I get that, but I will tell you what, IF I COULD ONLY TAKE ONE PLAYER IN AMERICA ON THE OFFENSIVE END, OF ANY OTHER PLAYER THAT IS PLAYING COLLEGE BASKETBALL TODAY ... I WOULD TAKE PHEESA OVER EVERYBODY IN THE COUNTRY ON THE OFFENSIVE END. And she does it every game and she is probably going to suck tomorrow."
Geno reportedly said that Pheesa was the key recruit in her class before she committed. I think he sees a lot in her.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Thank you very much for posting this. This is not directed at you. I'm a cranky old man with a sinus infection taking antibiotics and I have weird reactions to medications. Antibiotics jack me up and make me irritable. So, WTF, are these reporters so inept that they cannot produce a decent video/audio. Crimeney! If someone wants to tell me the person behind the lens is a student, what is your point. No, if it is, they are shooting for a business. Then there is the invasion of personal space issue. Phee, tell them to back the hell up! Where is CD? Give here a whip and make these media dogs heel!

Reaction Score
Crazy how unofficial a lot of this stuff is. You'd think the NCAA would have a website where all these interviews would be instead of hunting around on youtube!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Thank you very much for posting this. This is not directed at you. I'm a cranky old man with a sinus infection taking antibiotics and I have weird reactions to medications. Antibiotics jack me up and make me irritable. So, WTF, are these reporters so inept that they cannot produce a decent video/audio. Crimeney! If someone wants to tell me the person behind the lens is a student, what is your point. No, if it is, they are shooting for a business. Then there is the invasion of personal space issue. Phee, tell them to back the hell up! Where is CD? Give here a whip and make these media dogs heel!
It is a free for all in the locker room with 10 players and probably 25+ reporters and cameras and then support staff with 5 or more players holding court in different places around the room - same thing you see in every pro locker room around the world.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
UCLA - really impressive.

She rapidly got annoyed at the repetitive questions about her UConn tutelage ... and I don't blame her. Better things to ask her about guys!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Crazy how unofficial a lot of this stuff is. You'd think the NCAA would have a website where all these interviews would be instead of hunting around on youtube!

If you're a men's game fan you have no problems on that site. NCAA are the champs of male chauvinism.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
It is a free for all in the locker room with 10 players and probably 25+ reporters and cameras and then support staff with 5 or more players holding court in different places around the room - same thing you see in every pro locker room around the world.

Well, you are right, UcM as always. But about , what, maybe 4 years ago they started making this little selfie stick, for example, that allows a thinking person to avoid the nose hair photos. How about a GoPro on your forehead? How about....

Reaction Score
UCLA - really impressive.

I was highly impressed with both the UCLA coach and the student athletes. They represent their school very well and I could see why their coach is such a good recruiter. There's little doubt that UCLA likely will be successful year after year while she's there.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
upload_2017-3-25_4-3-7.jpeg

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
On the Q Tshirt, Geno and the coach go way, way back:

"Geno has been such a mentor for me," Fabbri said Friday. "He helped me, in this process, get the job at Quinnipiac a long, long time ago, obviously 22 years ago, but just a gold standard, a great guy.

"He was so excited he reached out as soon as we won and so complimentary of what we were able to accomplish over the weekend. And the fact he is wearing our shirt in support of our team in this tournament at this time ... so thankful and very grateful for his support and UConn women's support of Quinnipiac women's basketball and the two teams representing Connecticut in the Sweet 16."

South Carolina Stands In Way As Quinnipiac Women Try To Reach Elite Eight

Huskie78

Husky fan stuck in South Bend
Reaction Score
Oh I agree 100%! No excuse in this day and age to have shoddy audio and/or video.
I could do a better interview with just my phone! And then immediately upload it to YouTube for all the BYers. ;)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom