Geno Pre Game So Carolina Interview | The Boneyard

Geno Pre Game So Carolina Interview

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I would be more confident too if Stewie, Moriah, and Tuck showed up in uniform in Columbia. ;)

Interesting comments on S.C. Geno thinks that were good and talented, but the 2 transfers put them over the top. I agree. He also thinks that what S.C. does after A'ja leaves will be key. They had the perfect situation--the #1 player in the country lived just down the road. Can they recruit to the same level? Winning the championship and having the Olympic coach help in that regard.

Reaction Score
Holy crap what was that loud noise at 3:34? Really wish when they interview Geno and the players pre and post game they would do it somewhere conducive for talking to someone, even if they just stepped outside the gym it would be better.

SCGamecock

Carolina Sandlapper
Reaction Score
Geno always gives very thoughtful responses in his interviews. He listens, takes in the question with a minimum 2-second pause (occasionally longer), then he'll answer. It used to be very difficult for me to follow his interviews because of this, but now I understand it a little more. He made some interesting comments here...

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Somebody give the man a Chapstick! They have a great player and a real good guard.... Yup, that's it.

Reaction Score
Holy crap what was that loud noise at 3:34? Really wish when they interview Geno and the players pre and post game they would do it somewhere conducive for talking to someone, even if they just stepped outside the gym it would be better.

No attack HoopsFan21 but that was a great setting for a typical court side interview. I didn't even have to turn up the hearing aid. :D
The noise at 3:34 was either gun fire or more likely a folding chair hitting the floor, nothing to be alarmed about. Another aid is to hit the full screen icon and Geno comes across more clear. ;)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Geno always gives very thoughtful responses in his interviews. He listens, takes in the question with a minimum 2-second pause (occasionally longer), then he'll answer. It used to be very difficult for me to follow his interviews because of this, but now I understand it a little more. He made some interesting comments here...

It helps that we are playing a team with a lot of interesting story lines. There was a lot of curiosity from the press about the SC program and Geno continues to show how broad his knowledge is about all the relevant programs in WCBB.

Reaction Score
I think this can be an interesting window into a possible match-up with Baylor in the tournament. Obviously, the personnel on Baylor is a bit different than at USC. But how effective UConn can play A'ja may be insightful. Of course, UConn might let A'ja score and lock down the rest of the team, which isn't quite what you can do against Baylor. Still, is this the first time this year that UConn has gone against a dominating big? Will be interesting to see whether Z can stay out of foul trouble.

Centerstream

Looking forward to next season
Reaction Score
I think this can be an interesting window into a possible match-up with Baylor in the tournament. Obviously, the personnel on Baylor is a bit different than at USC. But how effective UConn can play A'ja may be insightful. Of course, UConn might let A'ja score and lock down the rest of the team, which isn't quite what you can do against Baylor. Still, is this the first time this year that UConn has gone against a dominating big? Will be interesting to see whether Z can stay out of foul trouble.
I would think that Gabby and Pheesa would be defending Wilson. And just like last season's 2nd half, shut her down.
Also, they have played ND and Texas - a couple of bigs there.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I would be more confident too if Stewie, Moriah, and Tuck showed up in uniform in Columbia. ;)

I took that as a cue to spin up that last SC game, of which i didn't remember much.
the play is a tiny bit scratchy, but the big three controlled everything as required.

Especially interesting was to see KLS not looking for her 3-point shot, indeed, not much of any shot at all. And to see a youthful Gabby, still figuring out how to make herself useful. And Pheesa, more or less disappeared when she was in...It was (if I recall correctly) the Texas game in the regionals, in which she displayed a premonition of the game that we have grown to love.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom