Geno on Trash Talking | The Boneyard

Geno on Trash Talking

Reaction Score
Who woulda thunk our Paige was trash talking under her breath :cool:

93ED51DC-EE9C-4C5E-AF56-2C0041C1CB5A.jpeg

Reaction Score
Trash talking isn’t the same as taunting. Geno’s point is trash talkers have to be able to back it up with game. Fair enough and it’s part of the fun among friends and rivals. But players with game can descend into something worse when they taunt players who aren’t really in their league.

Jim

Reaction Score
Many of you might recall the handshake line tripping incident up at Syracuse, but what preceded that were the Syracuse players trash talking Maya Moore, saying Maya was no good, overrated, etc. The trash talk continued even in the second half with UConn up 20+ points. Normally, Geno would have pulled the starters and given the bench more playing time, but because the trash continued, Geno left Maya in where she ended up with 40 points. Maya let her game do the talking. Bad feelings lingered after the game, leading to the trip attempt.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Naw, I'm sure it's something like Psalm 121 she's muttering.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Yes, I'm sure that's it.

Bald Husky

four score
Reaction Score
Many of you might recall the handshake line tripping incident up at Syracuse, but what preceded that were the Syracuse players trash talking Maya Moore, saying Maya was no good, overrated, etc. The trash talk continued even in the second half with UConn up 20+ points. Normally, Geno would have pulled the starters and given the bench more playing time, but because the trash continued, Geno left Maya in where she ended up with 40 points. Maya let her game do the talking. Bad feelings lingered after the game, leading to the trip attempt.
I believe Tina Charles was complaining to Geno about the Syracuse trash talking, he asked her what she wants to do about it. She replied that she wants to beat them by 50. I believe that they actually did beat them by 50. Love that Geno let the players take charge to teach that bad team a lesson. Nobody disrespects UConn, nobody.

Reaction Score
I believe Tina Charles was complaining to Geno about the Syracuse trash talking, he asked her what she wants to do about it. She replied that she wants to beat them by 50. I believe that they actually did beat them by 50. Love that Geno let the players take charge to teach that bad team a lesson. Nobody disrespects UConn, nobody.
Trying to trip the opposing coach I would call extremely disrespectful. Surprised Cuse wasn’t penalized with a forfeit next game.

Reaction Score
Naw, I'm sure it's something like Psalm 121 she's muttering.

I lift up my eyes to the mountains—
where does my help come from?
2 My help comes from the Lord,
the Maker of heaven and earth.

Yes, I'm sure that's it.
Meanwhile Nika is reciting Bible verses too only Nika is talking about smoteing someone

Reaction Score
As Geno says, trash talking is part of the game, but you have to back it up. There are lots of videos online about Larry Bird's next level trash talking - and of course, Larry Legend always backed it up. His trash talking is downright hilarious.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
As Geno says, trash talking is part of the game, but you have to back it up. There are lots of videos online about Larry Bird's next level trash talking - and of course, Larry Legend always backed it up. His trash talking is downright hilarious.
My favorite ones are when he told people exactly what the play was going to be and told them there was nothing they could do to stop it.

Reaction Score
My favorite ones are when he told people exactly what the play was going to be and told them there was nothing they could do to stop it.
But Bird did his trash-talking right next to the guy where nobody else could hear it. He didnt taunt anyone.
Except maybe laimbeer. Which I have no problem.

Reaction Score
But Bird did his trash-talking right next to the guy where nobody else could hear it. He didnt taunt anyone.
Except maybe laimbeer. Which I have no problem.
Correct, which Geno mentioned was the same thing that Paige does under her breath to the practice players.

Kat

Reaction Score
I think that what happens in practice should stay in practice.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom