Geno on the passing of Denise D'Ascenzo | The Boneyard

Geno on the passing of Denise D'Ascenzo

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
As a non-resident of Connecticut, this wasn't a name I was familiar with. But Geno had some impactful things to say about her. Rest in peace to someone who clearly brought a lot of class and quality to the world.

Reaction Score
With more than 30 staggering years of experience, Denise D’Aascenzo was among the eminent anchors in the United States. However, the news legend is no more with us as she died unexpectedly and suddenly. The veteran news anchor worked for the WSFB-TV news station.

Denise was born in the year 1958 and was at the age of 61 when she died. Though she was born in Washington, DC, she was raised in suburban Rockville, Maryland. She was a Caucasian by ethnicity and a citizen of the States.

She was awarded a scholarship from the ‘American Newspaper Women’s Club’ at the Medill School of Journalism at Northwestern University to attend a summer journalism program As Denise maintained secrecy regarding her early lives, no further information is available.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
As I said in another post, we lived in CT until 2016 when we moved to Florida. Denise was one of the best journalists CT has ever known. And journalist is a term I rarely use anymore.

Geno's words on God having a plan were fitting an so powerful.

Reaction Score
I was so shocked when a friend posted the notice of her passing on Facebook. I watched her for many years.

May she rest in peace and blessings to her family, friends & colleagues.

Reaction Score
Like Geno, but in a different way Denise was a Connecticut gem. They don't have to be born here, just contribute a good amount of quality time. That she did and beyond. For lack of better words she had the "it" factor.

There is not a charming word that could not be used to describe her and it came right through the screen. With all her awards and on screen talent she for sure had a resume that could have taken her to bigger heights in the industry. She stayed home to our delight. May she RIP.... :(

Reaction Score
I was a bit player at Channel 3 for nine years, three of them overlapping Denise's time there. I found her to be kind, authentic and just plain nice. Not words always associated with TV folks, but she was all of that. It's a damn shame.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
As a non-resident of Connecticut, this wasn't a name I was familiar with. But Geno had some impactful things to say about her. Rest in peace to someone who clearly brought a lot of class and quality to the world.

We are blessed to have him and his sense of perspective and dignity. Yes, prayers for her family.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom