Geno On Rankings: SMEH | The Boneyard

Geno On Rankings: SMEH

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more:

“Well, we do have one loss,” he said. “So that kind of throws everybody for a loop. It kind of makes me laugh because it makes it sound like there’s six undefeated teams and we have to be really fortunate to get a high seed, like it matters. Like it really matters what seed we get. You want to get yourself ready for postseason play. You don’t walk around in late January and start thinking about ‘What region are we in?’ or any of that nonsense. I just want to get the team ready, and whatever seed we are will be determined by somebody else. Our job is just to get ourselves into the tournament in the best shape possible."

Let Dawn and that coach from Maryland kvetch, I got a team to get ready!

Geno Auriemma isn’t worried about rankings as UConn women prepare for showdown with No. 3 Louisville - Hartford Courant

" I think that Louisville specifically is one of the tougher places to play in the country. It’s always been a tough place to play, and any time I can get our guys in that situation I’m going to take advantage of it.”

Reaction Score
Geno said he would like to play a top 25 team twice a week because it would be good for the game, I totally agree. Wish more coach shared his opinion and we, the fans, could see real relevant competitive games!

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
What does SMEH stand for? "Shaking my egg-shaped head"?

Reaction Score
Couldn't agree more:

“Well, we do have one loss,” he said. “So that kind of throws everybody for a loop. It kind of makes me laugh because it makes it sound like there’s six undefeated teams and we have to be really fortunate to get a high seed, like it matters. Like it really matters what seed we get. You want to get yourself ready for postseason play. You don’t walk around in late January and start thinking about ‘What region are we in?’ or any of that nonsense. I just want to get the team ready, and whatever seed we are will be determined by somebody else. Our job is just to get ourselves into the tournament in the best shape possible."

Let Dawn and that coach from Maryland kvetch, I got a team to get ready!

Geno Auriemma isn’t worried about rankings as UConn women prepare for showdown with No. 3 Louisville - Hartford Courant

" I think that Louisville specifically is one of the tougher places to play in the country. It’s always been a tough place to play, and any time I can get our guys in that situation I’m going to take advantage of it.”

There are maybe 2 dozen places that are tough places to play and Uconn is one of them; don't exclude ND, MD, Rutgers, I'll bet Ms St is one too. The ONLY rank/rating that matters is in March. The seeding is important to see an easier path to the NC. Uconn regardless of seed rarely got free path.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom