Geno on Muffet at Hall of Fame Induction | The Boneyard

Geno on Muffet at Hall of Fame Induction

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I missed this. Maybe you did too. In the Muffet introductory video Geno said:

Auriemma, who grew up in Norristown, noted in McGraw’s introductory video: “We’re from Philadelphia. We don’t know everything, but we act like we do. And Muffet’s the same way. I love her. There are times you have to back it up.

“The freedom that they play with. The confidence that Muffet instills in her players. Her style is the toughest match-up for us year in and year out.”

Muffet McGraw never dreamed she would become a Hall of Famer

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

Auriemma, who grew up in Norristown, noted in McGraw’s introductory video: “We’re from Philadelphia. We don’t know everything, but we act like we do. And Muffet’s the same way. I love her. There are times you have to back it up.

“The freedom that they play with. The confidence that Muffet instills in her players. Her style is the toughest match-up for us year in and year out.”

Did I miss the "I love her?"

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score

Did I miss the "I love her?"

The I love her seemed out of place. Won't be the first time a journalist got a quote wrong. When Muffet lost her cheese a few years ago at the NCAAs Geno reiterated what he had also said about Pat. How friends can have issues when they end up on the national stage with it all on the line. The whole we can't battle all night, then go share a bottle of wine. None the less mutual respect and genuine affection can be there. Friends fight and friends can lash out at each other.

Reaction Score
has become synonymous with South Bend, Indiana??? I mean, maybe for the .05% of sports fans who follow WCBB.... But in the broader public's mind when they think of Notre Dame, they tend to think of another sport... Jeez, there's exaggeration for effect, and then there's just plain absurdity.

HGN

Reaction Score

Rocky, thanks for posting. Geno actually said that he loved Muffet.....Such a kind man that Geno.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
has become synonymous with South Bend, Indiana??? I mean, maybe for the .05% of sports fans who follow WCBB.... But in the broader public's mind when they think of Notre Dame, they tend to think of another sport... Jeez, there's exaggeration for effect, and then there's just plain absurdity.

Yup, before Muffet nobody ever heard of Notre Dame in sports.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Rocky, thanks for posting. Geno actually said that he loved Muffet.....Such a kind man that Geno.

When you are on the top of the mountain you can spread some crumbs of kindness I'm thinking. Look above. The video says he didn't say it.

HGN

Reaction Score
When you are on the top of the mountain you can spread some crumbs of kindness I'm thinking. Look above. The video says he didn't say it. More fake news.
Rocky , I watched the video that you referenced. No , I didn't hear the 'L' word escape Geno's mouth either, as you said. They just probably edited it out, you know how they do sometimes. :)

Anyway , I Congratulate Muffet on her being elected to the HOF.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Indeed, the quote, without the "I love her" is sorta a shot when you think about it; a Philly expression of affection. Talk's cheap. Every once and a while you have to pull it off. Ouch.

Reaction Score
Isnt Uconn undefeated against Notre Dame in that other sport,lol!

Wally East

Posting via the Speed Force
Reaction Score
Indeed, the quote, without the "I love her" is sorta a shot when you think about it; a Philly expression of affection. Talk's cheap. Every once and a while you have to pull it off. Ouch.

They haven't?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hipline

Top Bottom