Geno On CW's Bold Prediction | The Boneyard

Geno On CW's Bold Prediction

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
This is new, right?

“She’s just a young kid who’s having fun and speaking from her heart,” Auriemma said. “As a matter of fact, someone must have reminded her when she got home because when she got back to Little Rock, she texted me and said, ‘Oh my God, Coach, I’m really, really sorry about what I said.’ ”

Auriemma, however, told Williams not to be sorry. Instead of chastising the young guard, he told her to back up her words.

“There’s no taking it back,” Auriemma said. “Now, all you can do is make it happen. Saying it is not a problem. The next part is a little bit harder than saying it.

“I like her attitude. It doesn’t surprise me that she feels that way. She’ll learn soon enough there’s a right way to express yourself. She’s young, but I like her guts.”

Auriemma happy to see Elliott back at UConn

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
What a great snippit and terrific insight in to Geno and Christyn. Love that CW is confident but humble enough to check in with coach if she things she erred. Love Geno's gentle prodding coaching reply - nothing wrong with what you said, but the hard part is backing it up now! Basically, go get em CW...!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Please correct me if I am wrong but did we ever have negative thoughts when Stewie said she wants to win 4 straight ??? I know she did not say "we will win" but the implication is the same. I came to UConn to win 4 straight and that is the essence of CW's comments. This is where great things happen.

I hope the only modification she makes is that she starts saying 4 straight. ;)

Aluminny69

Old Timer
Reaction Score
Please correct me if I am wrong but did we ever have negative thoughts when Stewie said she wants to win 4 straight ??? I know she did not say "we will win" but the implication is the same. I came to UConn to win 4 straight and that is the essence of CW's comments. This is where great things happen.

I hope the only modification she makes is that she starts saying 4 straight. ;)
I remember that Ann Strother also said she wanted to win four straight... Much more difficult without Diana.

Reaction Score
I remember that Ann Strother also said she wanted to win four straight... Much more difficult without Diana.

Heck, even Courtney Ekmark said she comes to Uconn to win 4 NCs.

Reaction Score
Williams' guts, confidence, and swagger reminds me so much of Taurasi. I only hope that she will have the same impact on the court as D.

Reaction Score
Nice about Jamelle Elliot too!
Of all of Geno's former players, Jamelle is one of my absolute favorites. I watched her closely these past few years, with the help of College Sports Live, and I have a hell of a lot of admiration for what she was doing out there in Cincinnati. It's clear to me that the players on her team both respected and adored her. UConn is very fortunate to have her back, and I think she's going to bring an enormous amount of value to the university in her new role.

Last edited:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom