Geno ND Pregame Video | The Boneyard

Geno ND Pregame Video

Reaction Score
Geno gives excellent interviews. I always learn listening to him.

As part of it, he is thoughtful. Unlike most people, when he is asked a question, he generally pauses actually to think about what he wants to say before starting to speak. I find that refreshing.

Reaction Score
Lots already quoted in articles, but here it is and you can actually hear it.

A rare opportunity to disagree with Geno. Coach said ND doesn't allow players in the area of the key, but the little Iowa guard practically lived around the foul line and scored repeatedly from there. I suppose because the Irish were collapsing on Gustafson that there was less resistance away from the basket, but, for whatever reason, there was. Expect CD to try to get inside, too. As for the "doghouse," Geno may have overlooked the time when he was unhappy with Stewie and sat her at the beginning of a game. Of course she's not the only example. Coaches do express chagrin sometimes . . . (And we're told that it works.)
But here's the interesting piece for me: Geno said that in some games you just have to compete. Take a blow and deliver a blow. Who expected ND to score 90 points against UConn in the semi? Shouldn't have happened to the best D in the nation, but it did. And the Huskies did hit back and might as easily have won the game as have lost it. So, they did compete. Will this new version? Stay tuned.

Last edited:

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Rocky in POST SEASON Form scouring the web:
RockyMt.jpg

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Lou interview:

The more interesting/informative really.

Great interview. She is a fun kid, and seems genuinely thrilled to be healthy and ready to play!

Reaction Score
Lou interview:

The more interesting/informative really.

Every year about this time I begin to feel sad that our seniors are going to leave in only a few months. It's something like when your kids head off from home into the great unknown. We've been lucky at UConn to have some of the nicest young women imaginable as our players. I know they get a great deal from their experience because we almost always see them come back.
PS/Someone might have asked Lou how it felt to gain an inch in height at the Paradise Jam. The TV crew kept referring to how amazing it was to be able to do what KLS does at 6'4". Guess it would be less amazing if she were only 6'3". . .

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom