Geno, Kerr, Gottlieb Excerpts Article | The Boneyard

Geno, Kerr, Gottlieb Excerpts Article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"The discussion concluded with a rapid fire question and answer period, which included Auriemma sharing some interesting insight. He said the most difficult players he’s coached have all been National Player of the Year, and that he thinks Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi would be successful coaches. Taurasi would also be the player he would most trust to make a buzzer beater, with Bird as a close second.

Kerr also took time to praise Taurasi, saying she’s the women’s basketball player he would most like to coach. Kerr and Taurasi got to know each other when Kerr was in the Phoenix Suns organization.

“She was so dynamic as a personality, as a player,” Kerr said. "She was incredible to watch. Her talent just jumped off the page. But it was so fun to see her every day, her enthusiasm. She just had this enthusiasm for the game … It was infectious. You could see the impact she makes, so as a coach that’s what you want is someone who can set a tone and who you’re going to love being around.”

‘We’re actually good for the game’: Geno Auriemma and Steve Kerr talk UConn, Taurasi and basketball - Hartford Courant

Reaction Score
"The discussion concluded with a rapid fire question and answer period, which included Auriemma sharing some interesting insight. He said the most difficult players he’s coached have all been National Player of the Year, and that he thinks Sue Bird and Diana Taurasi would be successful coaches. Taurasi would also be the player he would most trust to make a buzzer beater, with Bird as a close second.

Kerr also took time to praise Taurasi, saying she’s the women’s basketball player he would most like to coach. Kerr and Taurasi got to know each other when Kerr was in the Phoenix Suns organization.

“She was so dynamic as a personality, as a player,” Kerr said. "She was incredible to watch. Her talent just jumped off the page. But it was so fun to see her every day, her enthusiasm. She just had this enthusiasm for the game … It was infectious. You could see the impact she makes, so as a coach that’s what you want is someone who can set a tone and who you’re going to love being around.”

‘We’re actually good for the game’: Geno Auriemma and Steve Kerr talk UConn, Taurasi and basketball - Hartford Courant

I've wondered before whether Taurasi would have an interest in coaching with the ultimate goal of getting the UConn head coaching job at some point in the future............

Reaction Score
I thought Geno made an excellent point about UConn's dominance being "bad" for women's basketball- nobody ever asks if Alabama's dominance is "bad" for college football or if the Warriors' dominance is "bad" for the NBA.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
While still a UConn Sr. there is this:

Geno thinks DT would make a good coach because she keeps it fun and keeping it fun is the main part of being a good coach.

That line surprised me a bit but I was more surprised when DT did not wisecrack something like "Yeah coach, those practices are sooo fun"

Anywho

Geno's final line is funny,

She would make a great referee. She call's every game she is in already. :D

Reaction Score
I don't agree with Geno about Taurasi being first and Bird a close second on last minute shots. Michael Jordan would be first, Diana a close second, and everyone else who has ever played a distant third.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom