Geno is ESPN's Coach of the Year | The Boneyard

Geno is ESPN's Coach of the Year

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Well deserved. The beginning of many national honors for the Huskies this season.

Reaction Score
Hey... they found out his secret.... He only recruits players that can swim! Congrats...

Reaction Score
Congrats to Geno and Sabrina. Both well deserved.

Yet another Mechelle Voepel article where she uses the word "admittedly." :rolleyes:
And right after "admittedly" is a statement about UConn's 3 potential superstars. I don't know that very many would have tagged Samuelson, Collier, and Williams superstars this year. Prior to the season, none were elevated to "All American" let alone superstar.

For what it's worth, though, I enjoy Mechelle's columns more than anyone else's covering the sport.

CamrnCrz1974

Good Guy for a Dookie
Reaction Score
And right after "admittedly" is a statement about UConn's 3 potential superstars. I don't know that very many would have tagged Samuelson, Collier, and Williams superstars this year. Prior to the season, none were elevated to "All American" let alone superstar.

For what it's worth, though, I enjoy Mechelle's columns more than anyone else's covering the sport.

Mechelle said "potential superstars." I do not think it is out of the question for the #1 HS recruit, a consensus top five recruit, and a third recruit ranked as high as #2 to be labeled as potential superstars.

Orangutan

South Bend Simian
Reaction Score

Sameulson was, in fairness, ESPNW's National Freshman of the Year. Interestingly, I looked back and ESPNW had Nurse as one of their All-Americans but none of the other three.

Back then, it was hard to know who of them would break out as stars. Turns out the answer was "all of them" and the coaches deserve a lot of credit for that, hence this award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom