Geno: How do you get tough? | The Boneyard

Geno: How do you get tough?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
"Somebody said, what are you thinking making that kind of schedule in November?" Auriemma said last month. "Well, I've always been one that (doesn't) want any surprises come March. I want to go into March feeling like we put ourselves through a lot of tests. We're going to pass some and we're going to fail some. How do you get tough? Sometimes you have to fail."

Notre Dame, Baylor remain atop AP Top 25 poll

Reaction Score
"Somebody said, what are you thinking making that kind of schedule in November?" Auriemma said last month. "Well, I've always been one that (doesn't) want any surprises come March. I want to go into March feeling like we put ourselves through a lot of tests. We're going to pass some and we're going to fail some. How do you get tough? Sometimes you have to fail."

Notre Dame, Baylor remain atop AP Top 25 poll
Geno hates to lose!! Make no mistake about that! I'm not thrilled with the top loaded high ranked teams schedule. This however isn't Geno's first rodeo or his first front loading his schedule--he would have done this the past 3 years if anyone other than ND, USC, MD chose to play. Thank you ND, USC and Md for letting you teams know what they needed. Now it is Uconn's turn to learn--and they shall

iamcbs

Buckeye Guest
Reaction Score
As I stated on another thread only Kim Mulkey and Joanne P. McCallie care about winning November, Geno scheduled this way knowing what he had and didn't have. He wants his players to know how hard they have to work to get to where they want to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer
Top Bottom