OT: Geno given secondary violation... | Page 3 | The Boneyard

OT: Geno given secondary violation...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
If she was an eighth grader at Geno Auriema basketball game...

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
Jacobs actually wrote a great column today about this. It is rediculous. So ridiculous that it doesn't hurt us at all and pushes NCAA favorability below that of Congress.

Husky25

Dink & Dunk beat the Greatest Show on Turf.
Reaction Score
Jacobs actually wrote a great column today about this. It is rediculous. So ridiculous that it doesn't hurt us at all and pushes NCAA favorability below that of Congress.
I read it out loud to my wife. The entire time she was shaking her head and mumbling, "ridiculous." She is an alum and she'll watch big games, but UConn sports are not the appointment event(s) they are for me.

Reaction Score
So let me ask you this.

Say a 14 yr old girl has a YouTube video go viral because she throws down a huge dunk on a playground. After she throws it down, she says "I want to go to uconn!" And after the national media picks it up, Geno calls her.

Is that a violation?

David 76

Forty years a fan
Reaction Score
If that happened it would be different. She is 13, became momentarily famous for baseball and showed no basketball skill in what made her famous.
But technically, your scenario would be a violation reinforcing how the NCAA would rather focus on minutiae and ignore Penn State, UNC and P-5 issues
Jacobs used the example of a young girl with cancer who says she wants to recover and play at ND. Should Muffet call her? Of course. Would it be a violation? I guess. But a complaint probably would not be filed.

Reaction Score
So let me ask you this.

Say a 14 yr old girl has a YouTube video go viral because she throws down a huge dunk on a playground. After she throws it down, she says "I want to go to uconn!" And after the national media picks it up, Geno calls her.

Is that a violation?
It depends. But that isn't a good analogy. LL is for 11-12 yo kids. If she was 14 (in HS), and it was within recruiting times, he could make that call (I think).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom