Geno Explains Kia's DPOY | The Boneyard

Geno Explains Kia's DPOY

Reaction Score
I like it when he talk's coach speak. Very clear.

Anyone else have visions of this year's version of Kia playing last year against Miss. St.? Geno never made excuses but Kia basically played in 2017 playoffs on one leg. This is one of the answers to those who wonder what is different this year (along with Z, stronger Crystal, well rounded Lou, etc.).

Reaction Score
Beyond the great things about Kia, there are 3 nuggets here for me:
1. That Crystal is getting more practice time
2. That Geno thinks organically: that he appreciates that practice play creates a certain flow in game play. This goes right to the heart of how Geno links "if you don't play well in practice" to "then you don't get game minutes"
3. That unlike the "end of 30 game win" doom and gloom, this was a pretty happy and satisfied Geno.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
unlike the "end of 30 game win" doom and gloom, this was a pretty happy and satisfied Geno.
I think Geno likes this year's team, although he understands he's probably 1 injury away from going home early. The issue is the future. Kia and Gabby are big losses, and the freshman really haven't developed into consistent contributors yet. I think Megan will make the big Soph year jump and become more consistent contributor, probably at the first off the bench. After that?

(My hope is that Camara is healthy and confident enough to make a big jump next year as well.)

Wbbfan1

And That’s The Way It Is
Reaction Score
I'm convinced that Kia was UConn's nomineee for DPOY in an effort to get her selected for the WBCA All American Team. I also think she's going to be UConn's 3rd Nominee for WBCA All American Honors. The other two being KLS and Gabby.

Gabby was last years WBCA Defensive Player of the Year and normally she would be the nominee so she could repeat as National Defensive POY.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom