Geno (DePaul) Pregame Presser | The Boneyard

Geno (DePaul) Pregame Presser

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I really like our sports press representatives, but I cringe when they are on camera, as they so often are. :oops:

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
I really like our sports press representatives, but I cringe when they are on camera, as they so often are. :oops:
Aw gee, we ink-stained wretches don't control the cameras in the press gaggle.

You can get close to Geno--and thus appear on camera--because there's no fear attached to that interview but there are some coaches and athletes (Mike Tyson comes to mind) where I'd just as soon stand about three deep.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Just a little work on the attire ? I assume looking at the video interview may provide some helpful feedback (or not). :rolleyes:

Reaction Score

You can get close to Geno--and thus appear on camera--because there's no fear attached to that interview but there are some coaches and athletes (Mike Tyson comes to mind) where I'd just as soon stand about three deep.
Asking hard questions of Tyson were best done via the phone.

Golden Husky

The Midas Touch
Reaction Score
Asking hard questions of Tyson were best done via the phone.
Ha, you've got that right, Broadway. I remember when Tyson had to be restrained from going after Tim Layton of Newsday at a press conference in Las Vegas. I never covered Geno but I'm sure the sportswriters who do--Doyle, Fuller, Beth Harris, et al--appreciate his willingness to endure the media's persistent pestering.

Reaction Score

Leave Jim alone, he gets a lot of good stuff for us. :D

Reaction Score
given how much print journalists make these days, this is probably his go-to-church shirt.

Reaction Score
Ha, you've got that right, Broadway. I remember when Tyson had to be restrained from going after Tim Layton of Newsday at a press conference in Las Vegas. I never covered Geno but I'm sure the sportswriters who do--Doyle, Fuller, Beth Harris, et al--appreciate his willingness to endure the media's persistent pestering.
Geno has mellowed. In the past, if a question tended to disrespect him, his team or a particular player--he'd be less that friendly--Some think DT was his favorite, maybe, but he was very protective of Maya--and I loved it.

Reaction Score
given how much print journalists make these days, this is probably his go-to-church shirt.
Not just Print reporters--it ain't you dad's old church dressing.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HungreHu5ky

Top Bottom