Geno comments on Catchings | The Boneyard

Geno comments on Catchings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
Thank you so much for posting this. There aren't many players out there whose retirement can make me emotional, but Tamika's is doing just that.

I actually saw Tamika play (of all things) a high school volleyball playoff match, in what I believe was her junior year, when she was a key part of a Duncanville High School team that went on a surprise run, beating several favored teams (including one that a friend of mine played on) on the way to a state championship. I remember hearing then that she was a Tennessee basketball commit, but little did I know all that she would become. She's as great of an exemplar as we have in sport, period.

Reaction Score
Tamika is, and always has been, in a class of her own. From high school, to the Lady Vols and onto the WNBA she's made wh0ever she's played for proud.
She'd make a fabulous future coach ( if that's a career she's interested in) based on her talent ,spirit and winning ways-which she seems willing to share!
Her presence on the court will be deeply missed!!

VAMike23

The Virginian
Reaction Score
Tamika is, and always has been, in a class of her own. From high school, to the Lady Vols and onto the WNBA she's made wh0ever she's played for proud.
She'd make a fabulous future coach ( if that's a career she's interested in) based on her talent ,spirit and winning ways-which she seems willing to share!
Her presence on the court will be deeply missed!!

Agreed on all points - she is a legend for all the right reasons - unfortunately, she has said many times that she has no interest in coaching.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
TC is simply everything WBB is supposed to be, from quality, championship play to "sportspersonship" to fundamental human decency. The loss of her sucks but pales in comparison to the gain we've had since 1997.

Nuyoika

Destroyer of Baked Goods
Reaction Score
It makes me kind of sad that there are more posts in this Tamika Catchings threads than there is in the Volnation one...

sarals24

Lone Starlet
Reaction Score
My dad used to take me to see her play when she was in high school. She was unbelievable. One of my all time favorite players.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TNS

Top Bottom