Geno 'breaks down' Ionescu and Sabally (ESPN+) | The Boneyard

Geno 'breaks down' Ionescu and Sabally (ESPN+)

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
I'm guessing these require an ESPN+ subscription.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Poor Geno needing to relive OR against UConn twice. He does enjoy good basketball.

Reaction Score
I loved watching and listening to Geno's breakdown of Sabally. The keywording he used was not just knowing how to but "knowing when to". In other words she makes good decisions. She impacts the game without the ball and doesn't have to score to help her team on offense. Stats do not tell the whole story. Geno breaks it down to show that.

Ironically much of what Geno described about her is what I noticed about her when I first saw her in the Jordan Classic. She scored very few points but made a big impact on her team when she was in the game not only with her quickness but facilitating the offense by making the right decisions. This was unusual for an All Star Game when every player just wants to dominate the ball and score. I said it then on numerous sites that I thought that she was the best player on the floor. However, I must also confess that since I was curious about her, I watched her very closely and did focused on her in that game.

I think and hope every fan watches Geno's breakdown on Sabally ( haven't yet watched the Sabrina breakdown ). It might give them a better perspective on judging players other than just the numbers they put up in a game. Numbers alone can be deceptive. Damn Geno is good.

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
A new article about Satou:

The WNBA is getting more than a star in Satou Sabally

As an Oregon fan, it has been a joy and privilege to watch her improve her game year by year. The team's "unicorn" from day one (Graves's term), she has not yet come close to fulfilling her potential. And because Satou is not only up front about where she needs to improve her game (there's a great video in which she jokes about her so far not very successful attempt to develop a mid-range game) but also willing to put in the work to address whatever needs attention, there's no doubt that she will continue her upward trajectory for years to come. Great player, terrific person. Some WNBA team (and fans) are going to be very lucky.

JoePgh

Cranky pants and wise acre
Reaction Score
I think that any high school star weighing offers from a number of top schools would get a great impression of how Geno coaches and what he teaches by looking at these two videos. Can you imagine Holly or JPM (to pick easy targets) having anything remotely as insightful as this to say about players whom he had never coached?

Reaction Score
I think when Geno looks at a prospective player one of the first things he looks for is not necessarily their ability to shoot they ball but what they are doing without the ball.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom