Geno & Bob Knight Video | The Boneyard

Geno & Bob Knight Video

Status
Not open for further replies.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
Good stuff from two of the best ever. I hope BYers take note of Auriemma's comment about being a firm believer that coaches lose more games than players.

I also hope that folks take the time to watch the 2nd interview with Knight. A guy not afraid to speak his mind. Not only a great coach but probably one of the most wrongly maligned individuals in big time sports. Throw just one chair and you're an for life. :oops: I like his opinion of the NCAA selection comittees and the selection process in general.

I "The Power of Negative Thinking" I love it. From the book -

"I think that we as a people are always prone to think about, well, tomorrow will be a better day," he says. "Well, why will it be a better day?"

"I'll tell you what," he says. "I watched the guy that hits a home run, and he comes across the plate, and he points skyward, like thanking the Almighty for the help to hit the home run. And as he does that, I say to myself, 'God screwed the pitcher.'

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
"I'll tell you what," he says. "I watched the guy that hits a home run, and he comes across the plate, and he points skyward, like thanking the Almighty for the help to hit the home run. And as he does that, I say to myself, 'God screwed the pitcher.'

Had a young man ask me Sunday morning to pray for him and him winning a speech competition he has coming up. I suggested instead we pray for him to do his best and learn from it. He paused for a moment and then said, "great." We did this and then later I asked why I didn't pray for his winning. He thought and then said I guess I didn't consider the other kids might be asking for the same thing. Lesson learned.

vtcwbuff

Civil War Buff
Reaction Score
ICE - You'll notice in the 1st quote that what he's saying isn't actually a negative. He simply asks why? The second cracked me up because I remember a friend saying essentially the same thing during a Sox/Yankee game years ago. I think it was "God didn't help you. her was pi**ed at the pitcher."

BTW - The complete title of his book is "The Power of Negative Thinking- An Unconventional Approach To Achieving Positive Results"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
A piece of video that I wish was about a hour long.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LocalHits

Top Bottom