Geno Auriemma speaks life, death, and UConn women’s basketball at event benefiting Jimmy V Foundation | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma speaks life, death, and UConn women’s basketball at event benefiting Jimmy V Foundation

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
UConn women’s basketball coach Geno Auriemma may have been the keynote speaker at Thursday’s Voices for Victory event, held by Find A Cure Together (FACT) to benefit the V Foundation, but as he took the stage at the Farmington Club, he deflected attention back to what he saw as most important.

[Article]

Other stories embedded in this article:
How Big East boss Val Ackerman defies the odds, makes things happen — and brought UConn back home.

UConn sophomore Olivia Nelson-Ododa was just ‘trying soak everything in’ during FIBA AmeriCup.

"Not only did she return to Connecticut with a gold medal in hand, but Nelson-Ododa, the only collegiate player to make Team USA’s roster, also brought back newfound confidence and knowledge, a benefit from being able to learn from some of the game’s best players and coaches."

UConn women: Christyn Williams, Team USA wrap up 3x3 Women’s Series on a high note with second-place finish in Edmonton.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
So Geno promises that we'll go undefeated for two straight years, starting NEXT year....

Reaction Score
Three in a row - he said "Next year and the next year and the next year after that...."

So Geno promises that we'll go undefeated for two straight years, starting NEXT year....

Coach Auriemma said this part tongue in cheek as a joke, but make no mistake, he knows what he has and what he has coming. I truly believe that Geno feels he can win another 3 or 4 NCs before he hangs up the whistle. I wouldn't be surprised if he coached through 2025 and left with the 2021 class that will hopefully include Fudd and DeBerry.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Coach Auriemma said this part tongue in cheek as a joke, but make no mistake, he knows what he has and what he has coming. I truly believe that Geno feels he can win another 3 or 4 NCs before he hangs up the whistle. I wouldn't be surprised if he coached through 2025 and left with the 2021 class that will hopefully include Fudd and DeBerry.

Sounds like a plan. :)

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
“Next year and the year after and the year after that, we won’t lose a game, I promise you,” Auriemma said. “The reason I say that is if we really tank it this year, I need you to have hope so that I can keep my job.” :confused:

Paige can jump to the WNBA after 3 years? ;)

Reaction Score
“Next year and the year after and the year after that, we won’t lose a game, I promise you,” Auriemma said. “The reason I say that is if we really tank it this year, I need you to have hope so that I can keep my job.” :confused:

Paige can jump to the WNBA after 3 years? ;)

Oh I bet she’ll have to if they go 38-1 her junior year. That kind of season would be abysmal for UConn.:D:rolleyes:

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom