Geno Auriemma says things coming along slowly as UConn women’s basketball kicks off 2022-23 with First Night | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma says things coming along slowly as UConn women’s basketball kicks off 2022-23 with First Night

SVCBeercats

Meglepetés Előadó
Reaction Score

“We’re still waiting on everybody to be able to go full. So just try to manage the time that everybody’s on the court."
Auriemma said the Huskies are waiting on Dorka Juhász (wrist), Caroline Ducharme (hip) and Aubrey Griffin (back) to be back “able to go full.” Freshman Ayanna Patterson recently tweaked her ankle as well.

UConn is still in the early phases of adjusting to life without Paige Bueckers on the court ... “We don’t bring it up, because I think the more you talk about it the more you put it on the front burner, and I don’t want it to be there,” Auriemma said. "We do talk to them about roles that have to be filled and who has to do what. … They’ve been great. They’ve been really receptive and they’re embracing it. So from from my standpoint, it’s been great to see.”

After an injury filled season last year, Auriemma could take a sigh of relief with no scrimmage on the schedule for the night.

“I hope they have a great time,” Auriemma said before the event. “I hope the students get a kick out of seeing them. The kids get a lot of satisfaction out of going out and showing off for the fans and for their team, if not for their classmates. In basketball terms, it’s pointless.”

Auriemma and his coaching staff will know more about what he can expect from his team on the court this season when the Huskies will participate in a closed scrimmage on Oct. 22.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44
Top Bottom