Geno Auriemma Named USOC Co-National Coach Of The Year | The Boneyard

Geno Auriemma Named USOC Co-National Coach Of The Year

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
June 21, 2017

COLORADO SPRINGS, Colo. – The United States Olympic Committee today announced its annual award recipients for 2016 national coaches of the year, and 2009-16 USA Basketball Women’s National Team head coach Geno Auriemma was named as a 2016 USOC Co-National Coach of the Year for guiding the U.S. Olympic Women’s Basketball Team to dominating gold-medal performance in Rio. Auriemma, the Hall of Fame coach at the University of Connecticut, shares the honor with Aimee Boorman (Sarasota, Fla.) from USA Gymnastics.

[Story]

12709624.jpeg

BlueDolphin

Playful Mammal
Reaction Score
Now that is a starting 5 to whip your butt!

Congrats to Geno. Well deserved.
As I indicated in a post during the Games, that is arguably UConn's All Time Team. That they got to play together in meaningful games is remarkable. I can't think of another team that had that kind of chance. It would be like Ruth & Mantle playing with Jeter.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
I love this picture. FOR ME.....the 2 players on either end are on my UConn Mt. Rushmore. I love Tina, but she didn't have the overall career at UConn that those other 4 had.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
We are a spoiled bunch. 5 of ours on the Olympic team. As I recall there were a few times when the All UConn Team were out there together. Yes I love every one of these kinds of UConn grown photo opps. May we continue to be blessed.

Reaction Score
I fell madly for Sue Bird, a Christ the Kings ex patriot, since she was a freshman. Others may have scored more, rebounded better, but as a point guard and just plain gutzy kid--no one can out tough her.
She'd mess up a play and immediately make an outstanding play--offensively or defensively.
I'll never EVER forget seeing her at Gampel making a longer than half court shot to end the first half against ND (for the BE title) and ended the game with the WINNING basket at the buzzer---
I have never been disappointed in her --she is Miss America, Miss Connecticut, Miss Syossets, Ms Christ t the King--all wrapped up in a pretty package for me and my wife. It's true, I like Sue

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
I fell madly for Sue Bird, a Christ the Kings ex patriot, since she was a freshman. Others may have scored more, rebounded better, but as a point guard and just plain gutzy kid--no one can out tough her.
She'd mess up a play and immediately make an outstanding play--offensively or defensively.
I'll never EVER forget seeing her at Gampel making a longer than half court shot to end the first half against ND (for the BE title) and ended the game with the WINNING basket at the buzzer---
I have never been disappointed in her --she is Miss America, Miss Connecticut, Miss Syossets, Ms Christ t the King--all wrapped up in a pretty package for me and my wife. It's true, I like Sue

This is one of your stream of consciousness compositions I can heartily endorse.

Reaction Score
This is one of your stream of consciousness compositions I can heartily endorse.
Who wrote that an plugged my name on it??? Dem's faughting words. Haven't had a conscious day since Dr Leary --gave the the LDS formulae. Wheee---see those fuchsia stars---ooo moving in to get me and out to get you---look at the purple and green little women--I saw that movie--little purple women.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Sue is simply the smartest player in the league.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Notice that Geno shared the award with the gymnastics coach, not with Coach K. This was an all-sports award.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom