Geno Appreciates Bilas' Remarks on Huskies | The Boneyard

Geno Appreciates Bilas' Remarks on Huskies

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas Turns Up Volume On UConn Women, And Geno Appreciates It

And Rebecca Lobo has a point to make too.

"It's a total testament to what he and his staff's ability as coaches," Lobo said. "They're better than everybody else. People who are looking forward to UConn losing don't like to hear that. But at some point you have to look at the evidence and realize it's not that he's getting better players than everyone else. He's just better than everyone else. And what more proof do you need than what you see this year."

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
Bilas just gets it. I wish more of these so called sport writers did. 'Nuff said.

Reaction Score
Great, Rocky: thanks! And we also learned:

Dangerfield has been in a walking boot and has not practiced. On Friday, she was cleared for basketball activity. She shot and rode a stationary bike during practice and will shoot Saturday morning before the game against Houston.

If all goes as planned, Dangerfield will be available Wednesday at Temple.

Temple, especially away, could well be a game when extra help is appreciated!

CBear01

Plan your work and work your plan
Reaction Score
""I said, you know it's nice to hear that and coming from you. That's really, really, really meaningful," Auriemma said."

Gee, he got that infamous third really so Geno must be truly grateful

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"My coaches and teammates have put me in a position to do what I'm doing now," Williams said. "We don't focus on individual things like that but we want to be sure we get the best out of everybody." Williams calls Bilas tweet 'a great compliment'

Spoken like a true coach! It is amazing how this culture has grown and flourished at UConn. A total buy in.

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas is by far the most intelligent and independent thinker on all topics college basketball. It is very pleasing that he see's what we see

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
Jay Bilas is by far the most intelligent and independent thinker on all topics college basketball. It is very pleasing that he see's what we see
Love this guy, he's real... as is Jeff Van Gundy!

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Jay gets it and he always has.

He understands the details and I think probably would have been an excellent coach.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
You are joking about Jeff Van Gundy, right?

Bilas is awesome.

I think Jeff is bad.
nah Im not joking, he speaks regular (honesty, not basketball shtick)and doesn't just sit there and agree with whomever he's working with

Reaction Score
nah Im not joking, he speaks regular (honesty, not basketball shtick)and doesn't just sit there and agree with whomever he's working with

I think he says on purpose ridiculous things just because he wants to be funny or feel like he is being thought-provoking as if eh is throwing a dart against a wall and hoping it sticks. I feel he is ridiculous too often and other time deliberately not honest.

Monte

Count of Monte UConn
Reaction Score
Bilas just gets it. I wish more of these so called sport writers did. 'Nuff said.
You hit it on the nose. This guy knows the game, and does not get the credit he deserves.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom