Geno….well deserved | The Boneyard

Geno….well deserved

Reaction Score
"The average women’s salary went from $3.9 million to $5.1 million."

Not sure of the accuracy of this article. If Geno is at the top at 2.9 million, how can the above quote be accurate? Two coaches, FSU and ASU, have changed from the list, so maybe old numbers as well.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is a huge difference in salaries between big time men's and women's programs. I guess you have to put fans in the seats to put the money in your pockets.

Reaction Score
Wow, that is a huge difference in salaries between big time men's and women's programs. I guess you have to put fans in the seats to put the money in your pockets.
The broadcast revenue and attendance revenue are so much higher in men's basketball in most cases, so it seems fair to pay the men's coaches more..........if it were based solely on attendance Geno and Dawn might disagree with that.......

Reaction Score

Not sure of the accuracy of this article. If Geno is at the top at 2.9 million, how can the above quote be accurate? Two coaches, FSU and ASU, have changed from the list, so maybe old numbers as well.
Obvious editing mistake or typo. Appears to be a 0 off - thousands of dollars, not millions, is likely accurate when assessing women's basketball coaching salaries.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Actually, Geno is paid towards the high end of the scale for quality men’s coaches, but I think there’s about to be a seismic Leap up in those numbers. Ed Cooley just got a $6 million contract to move from Providence to Georgetown.

Reaction Score
I thought Dawn was the highest paid at $3.1 million per year from her new long term contract?

Reaction Score
The broadcast revenue and attendance revenue are so much higher in men's basketball in most cases, so it seems fair to pay the men's coaches more..........if it were based solely on attendance Geno and Dawn might disagree with that.......
Guess so,what struck me was the difference between UCLA’s men and women bb coaches; Close-$725K Cronin $4.1 million. Same school, same job!

Reaction Score
Two factors really, attendance and TV money. That is why several of the women coaches have been pushing the idea that the women need their own TV deal, not one that is tied to other NCAA sports. If that happens I think you will see the availability of money for sports like WCBB. UCONN has been one of the few that could pack the stadium on game night for quite a while but many are getting there now and I see the sport getting broader interest.

They need a better TV deal so fans can see more of the big matchups at big time arenas in the best time slots. It is happening.

Reaction Score
Guess so,what struck me was the difference between UCLA’s men and women bb coaches; Close-$725K Cronin $4.1 million. Same school, same job!
True but which team has the capability of producing more income for the school? Money talks in college sports so those with a winning track record are worth their extravagantly high salaries........until they aren't.......;)

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score

The numbers for average men’s coaches are off too.

The list of top salaries for women’s coaches is from last year or the year before — Gary Blair and Charlie Turner-Thorne (that I noticed) are no longer head coaches.

Not a well-researched article.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom