Geno’s body language | The Boneyard

Geno’s body language

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Also what I'm seeing sitting down staring at the floor early in the game. When leading body language matters and that is a bad look.
If I recall, Geno & coaching staff stressed throughout the years that body language of the players was essential component of the UConn players. He would bench a player for poor body language. Geno’s body language has been completely obvious and difficult to watch as a fan. The players see it too.

Reaction Score
If I recall, Geno & coaching staff stressed throughout the years that body language of the players was essential component of the UConn players. He would bench a player for poor body language. Geno’s body language has been completely obvious and difficult to watch as a fan. The players see it too.
You have hit on something I've observed and been quite upset about. The pacing with his head down, not even following the play, is so disheartening for both fan and I imagine players on the court.

Reaction Score
After watching Geno lose and win, I wouldn't worry about his looking at the floor. His "Tell" is--he puts and index finger perpendicular across his lips when he thinks he is losing. To me the floor looking is searching, mentally, for an answer.
Geno, with his exceptional talent on the bench --un-playable-- and to watch a game slip away because he can't swap good for good or good for better has got to be ---disturbing. He didn't throw one players beneath his bus. He gave credit to the opponents.
As one brought up on --sportsmanship---my hat and my heart go out to GENO. and of course the team.

Reaction Score
I've seen Geno look at the floor while winning and losing over the years.

Reaction Score
I really struggled to give this a like but unfortunately you expressed what I’ve been trying to avoid

ochoopsfan

OC Hoops Fan
Reaction Score
Womens Basketball What GIF by NCAA Championships

This topic!!

Reaction Score
I don't think Geno has changed a bit. What has changed is his roster is do depleted his weakness is being exposed and that's how to motivate a player that doesn't think or act like him. I would point to DeBerry as the perfect example. Look at how she played for CD when Geno was out for a couple games. She had confidence, she was productive, but most importantly she didn't look like she was scared to play. Problem with his behavior is the people who don't respond to it could actually cower to it. Another example is Aubrey. Look at her confidence when the bench was so thin she knew she was going to play. Look at her since Caroline returned to the lineup. She looks like she is scared to make a mistake again.

Any player that UCONN recruited it good enough to contribute a couple good minutes a game. Unfortunately the confidence for those players will have to come from Geno first. He needs to realize his body language plays a huge part in their emotional challenges on the court.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Doesn't anyone have any teal leaves they can introduce into these insane theories?
Lemme know what you want. I have Darjeeling, first-flush Darjeeling Marybong, Formosa oolong, gunpowder, various decaf and herbals. ;)

Reaction Score
Under the sub-heading of the overall “something ain’t right” category, this thread topic can be a 2A or 2B.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom