Gay to SA | The Boneyard

Gay to SA

Reaction Score
Bro, your lack of an OT tag on this thread is deeply disturbing. Given the thread title, I thought this was totally a thread about UConn and I am shocked and appalled that it is not.

Reaction Score
I really respect what he did here. Granted the injury dropped his value a bit, he took a huge pay cut to play for a contender and prove himself on a bigger stage. When you keep in mind that a guy like JJ Reddick signed a one year deal for $24 million to go play for the 76ers it puts into perspective what Rudy did here. Good on him, has always been a really good dude that reps UConn hard in the times I've met him.

BUConn10

Artist formerly known as BUHusky10
Reaction Score
Rudy will prove everyone wrong.

I am so sick of the meme surrounding his career started by salty Toronto fans who are still unhappy he didn't become Michael Jordan despite stuffing him next to an identical player in DeRozen and giving him half a season to adjust.

Reaction Score
I really respect what he did here. Granted the injury dropped his value a bit, he took a huge pay cut to play for a contender and prove himself on a bigger stage. When you keep in mind that a guy like JJ Reddick signed a one year deal for $24 million to go play for the 76ers it puts into perspective what Rudy did here. Good on him, has always been a really good dude that reps UConn hard in the times I've met him.

I never have a problem with anybody who goes for the money, but you're right. His decision to sign with San Antonio plays contrary to the narrative (that he's selfish, overpaid, and lazy) and their decision to sign him says perhaps even more.

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said here except the JJ part. Rudy can earn a lot in the long run if he can shine in SAS and they win. He is still a talented player. JJ made a great move to jump the sinking ship in LAC and get PAID to join the rising 76ers. Perfect fit for them.

Reaction Score
I agree with everything you said here except the JJ part. Rudy can earn a lot in the long run if he can shine in SAS and they win. He is still a talented player. JJ made a great move to jump the sinking ship in LAC and get PAID to join the rising 76ers. Perfect fit for them.
I totally agree it was a good move for him, and that the 76ers are on the rise, just was kind of putting him out there as a salary comparison with some of the insane money that is being tossed around for merely decent players

HuskyWarrior611

Mid range white knight
Reaction Score
I totally agree it was a good move for him, and that the 76ers are on the rise, just was kind of putting him out there as a salary comparison with some of the insane money that is being tossed around for merely decent players
Yeah they are giving out money like it's nothing. Especially to shooters.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

JJ hit a monster home run this offseason. One of the best contracts I've seen in a while (excluding all max guys).

Reaction Score
friggin awesome. hoping the spurs make a move for marcus smart, either way they will be winning 50+ games so thats great for my avatar.

Also, JJ reddick is washed. check his 2017 playoff numbers, i would never pay that guy.

Reaction Score
Remember when Jordan getting $25,000,000 for a season was stunning news? Now JJ gets 24 mill. It seems like a lot of markets are peaking right now. Just stupid numbers in so many different industries.

Reaction Score
Kevin Pelton predicted the 76ers were going to sign CJ Miles to a 1 yr. 21 million dollar deal. The team has a crap ton of cap space they had no better use for so why not overpay for 1 season? This is an anomaly contact. The guaranteed money is the big issue - Hardaway is a far worse contract even though he is getting 6 m. less per year.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
friggin awesome. hoping the spurs make a move for marcus smart, either way they will be winning 50+ games so thats great for my avatar.

Also, JJ reddick is washed. check his 2017 playoff numbers, i would never pay that guy.

Marcus Smart and Jalen Brown for Kawhi Leonard...Let's do it! hahaha

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Kevin Pelton predicted the 76ers were going to sign CJ Miles to a 1 yr. 21 million dollar deal. The team has a crap ton of cap space they had no better use for so why not overpay for 1 season? This is an anomaly contact. The guaranteed money is the big issue - Hardaway is a far worse contract even though he is getting 6 m. less per year.

Just proves that in the NBA, it's often right place, right time. I'm still in awe of JJ's coup.

intlzncster

Reaction Score
Rudy will prove everyone wrong.

I am so sick of the meme surrounding his career started by salty Toronto fans who are still unhappy he didn't become Michael Jordan despite stuffing him next to an identical player in DeRozen and giving him half a season to adjust.

Rudy's problem is everyone expected him to be a 1st option guy, when realistically, he's a 2nd, or ideally, a phenomenal 3rd option guy. He could be a phenomenal piece on a championship team. Being with some other great scorers at the right position will probably improve his efficiency as well.

Reaction Score
Sixers had like $60M in cap space, had to spend at least $50M and needed a shooter

JJ the best available and only 1 year deal, makes sense for both parties

Just proves that in the NBA, it's often right place, right time. I'm still in awe of JJ's coup.

Reaction Score

here we go can't disagree with Skip on this but this move had to be made, its up to Rudy to shed that reputation.

Reaction Score
Even more of a reason to pray for the improbable Spurs-Celtics final.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Please do not pollute the board with Skip Bayless takes. Having jsm is hard enough.
I didn't hear one thing from Bayless in that clip that I could find fault with.

Reaction Score
Please do not pollute the board with Skip Bayless takes. Having jsm is hard enough.

Its the offseason it wasn't my intent to pollute the board with Skip Bayless takes I put up the link because they are talking about Rudy.

Reaction Score
Its the offseason it wasn't my intent to pollute the board with Skip Bayless takes I put up the link because they are talking about Rudy.

I'm not serious about polluting the board. I could care less about anything from Skip' s mouth but I'm always looking for a way to take a shot at jsm.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TTown

Top Bottom