Gatorade signs Paige to multi-year deal | The Boneyard

Gatorade signs Paige to multi-year deal

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
She took her time, got her management in place, and now he’s knocking off some significant deals. It’s good that the same smarts she shows on the court she is showing off the court

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
Now I wonder if Paige will be drinking straight from the Gaterade bottle during the timeouts instead of the blue ones the team has? Or would that be construed as pitching her sponsor while using the UConn name during the game? P.S. Congrats Ms Bueckers on you new sponsorship deal and may you get many more.

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Now I wonder if Paige will be drinking straight from the Gaterade bottle during the timeouts instead of the blue ones the team has? Or would that be construed as pitching her sponsor while using the UConn name during the game? P.S. Congrats Ms Bueckers on you new sponsorship deal and may you get many more.
I don't think so. Wouldn't that violate team rules not to mention team morale? While the team was in the heat of battle, Paige is busy promoting Gator-Aid who, oh by the way is paying her millions to do so. :confused: I doubt seriously if Geno or the AD would allow that.

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
Maybe some of our other "in the know" posters can offer up any additional news but to me, this is by far, the most significant NIL deal for a WCBB player. I guess Chipotle is nice for Azzi but not nearly as well known as Gatorade.

I know we have a game out in Oregon on Jan 17 so maybe Philip Knight and his marketing team is already planning on a meeting with Paige and her team...
Just Saying GIF by Be_Creatives

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
I don't think so. Wouldn't that violate team rules not to mention team morale? While the team was in the heat of battle, Paige is busy promoting Gator-Aid who, oh by the way is paying her millions to do so. :confused: I doubt seriously if Geno or the AD would allow that.
I should have added this at the end of my post prior to the P.S. edit. ( :rolleyes: )

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
A more interesting question might be what will Paige be drinking at postgame press conferences. Currently, Dasani water, a Coca-Cola brand, is the postgame beverage of choice. Gatorade is a PepsiCo brand.

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
A more interesting question might be what will Paige be drinking at postgame press conferences. Currently, Dasani water, a Coca-Cola brand, is the postgame beverage of choice. Gatorade is a PepsiCo brand.
If that is the case there will be an unopened bottle of Dasani in the frame but not in front of Paige. Compromise is the operative word.

Reaction Score
Am I the only one who worries about "College Pros" making hundreds of thousands of dollars playing along side amateurs barely able to make ends meet? Chemistry can be at risk.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Am I the only one who worries about "College Pros" making hundreds of thousands of dollars playing along side amateurs barely able to make ends meet? Chemistry can be at risk.
A number of people have expressed this concern. But my question to everyone is who among us would walk away from the money? Better still, who would advise their kids, assuming they had an opportunity to cash in on NIL, to walk away from the money in order to promote team chemistry? We are clearly in uncharted waters here, but NIL is here to stay, and no one should be criticized for cashing in on the opportunities NIL creates.

Reaction Score
A number of people have expressed this concern. But my question to everyone is who among us would walk away from the money? Better still, who would advise their kids, assuming they had an opportunity to cash in on NIL, to walk away from the money in order to promote team chemistry? We are clearly in uncharted waters here, but NIL is here to stay, and no one should be criticized for cashing in on the opportunities NIL creates.
I will quote an "Old Dude"..."time will tell"

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom