Gary's press conferences. | The Boneyard

Gary's press conferences.

Status
Not open for further replies.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Just listen to the A&M post game (and had listened to Blair's other pressers) and I was impressed on three fronts:
1. After both games he praised Lincoln and their fan support right at the beginning. What Nebraska accomplished after the disappointment of not having their team their was really impressive and good for him to make sure he acknowledged it.
2. In tonight's post game a reported asked an awkward question of Walker starting with ' Neither coach or Jordan seem too upset by the loss and ending the season, can you talk about the year your year and how it ended.' and Blair jumped in and said - that is an unfair question to ask these students, can you please rephrase that. - The implication inherent in the question being that A&M wash't disappointed in not winning and that any answer might be parsed into something that the player didn't mean. Not sure I have seen that before, but I thought it was a very good move by a guy who has been around the block and didn't want to see a player unintentionally get into 'trouble'.
3. In every press conference he has talked about his assistant coaches, especially Starky the guy that handles the defensive side of the ball, but tonight also his other assistant. Just think that is classy.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
And I love this quote - he has a nice pithy down to earth style:
"We competed, and I thought we really had a chance when we cut it to three," Blair said. "A great team just looks you in the face and says, 'Is that all you got?' They came down and got two easy baskets before I could call timeout."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Darkbloom
Top Bottom