OT: Garage door openers | The Boneyard

OT: Garage door openers

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score
Mine died. I do not feel like researching new ones.

What I want...

A fancy-ass garage door opener that is ridiculously over-engineered for what it does.

Reaction Score

What I want...

A fancy-ass garage door opener that is ridiculously over-engineered for what it does.
Most of the new models have a WiFi option. It's helpful when my son constantly loses his keys at school. I installed one myself and the other one I paid to have installed. I recommend the latter. Also, if you like being able to hear the door open then make sure you get a chain drive. The belt-driven ones are incredibly quiet.

Reaction Score

What I want...

Need a little more info... what is the issue? Electronics or motor? Ours is dying a slow death, as we need to hold the one touch button until the door gets to the bottom. Its just a bad relay, but its too much trouble to fix.

Reaction Score

What I want...

I don't know the best ones, but avoid garage genie at all cost. They are terrible and require nearly monthly reprogramming.

Reaction Score
Lock and knob on the outside - you unlock the door and grab the knob kind of do a shoulder raise and like magic the door opens.

Rope on the inside and you grab it and you kind of do a lat pull down and the door closes.

Or get a barn and slide the door to the side.

Hope this helps!!!!

Reaction Score
I have a Chamberlain and enjoy when the garage panel pops up on CarPlay when you’re within a certain distance of the house. It saves, quite literally, a fingernail’s worth of effort, but I enjoy it. From a more practical standpoint, it is useful because I sometimes (or...cough...someone else in my house) will forget to close the garage those many years ago when we left the house for work, and I can just close it from my office.

Reaction Score
I prefer the louder one. Our neighbors opener would sometimes open our garage door. Only way I knew my door was open was being able to hear it.
Can’t you change the frequency? Or channel of the frequency?

Reaction Score
So I see others on this thread also have wives who sometimes don't close the garage door when they leave the house. I ask my wife all the time how the heck can she do that so it's just good to know I'm not alone.

Good to know there are now garage door openers that are internet connected so you can check the door is closed when you're not home. Mine is about 10 years old so obviously doesn't have that capability but the rest of our house (all doors, lights, thermostats, etc.) is connected. I just hope the Russians don't hack our Wifi because we'd be ****ed.

Reaction Score
I have a Chamberlain and enjoy when the garage panel pops up on CarPlay when you’re within a certain distance of the house. It saves, quite literally, a fingernail’s worth of effort, but I enjoy it. From a more practical standpoint, it is useful because I sometimes (or...cough...someone else in my house) will forget to close the garage those many years ago when we left the house for work, and I can just close it from my office.

YUp, I have one too. I am constantly getting deliveries for my business, so I open and close the door for the delivery guy with my phone.

Reaction Score
Also, highly recommend the opener that bolts directly to the tension spring shaft. Forget that center track/chain-belt nonsense.

Reaction Score

What I want...

I just got one yesterday. Precision Overhead Garage, works off your phone, remote, keypad, you name it, they got it. 1877 491 0424

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom