Gampel & XL Center Gameday Music | The Boneyard

Gampel & XL Center Gameday Music

Reaction Score
With fans being allowed back to Gampel and the XL center for this upcoming season, I wish they would change up the music choices to get the crowd more involved during the game or coming out of timeouts. Whenever the Patriots start playing Your Love or Livin On A Prayer, Gillette stadium starts rocking and its takes the atmosphere to an entirely new level. It's such a simple thing to do and would make our homecourt advantage so much better. Idk how everyone feels about the Lets Get Ready to Rumble, but it would be nice to change it up and get some fresh energy going.

Reaction Score
Lets Get Ready to Rumble, but it would be nice to change it up and get some fresh energy going.
The last guy who tried that was Kevin Ollie so it tells me a lot about you. I'd go to war for that song

Reaction Score
They play Livin' On a Prayer every freakin' game.
I've had season tickets almost my entire life and as a UConn student, I've never heard them play livin on a prayer at Gampel or the XL during a game

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Whoever is in charge of the entire production should be fired. 99% of the stuff they do is super lame and ruins the atmosphere.
Agreed. Still waiting to hear back from the XL Center about my idea for the beer chug cam. It’s like the kiss cam, but when they put it on you, you have to chug your beer. That will get the crowd going. Will keep everyone posted.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
Agreed. Still waiting to hear back from the XL Center about my idea for the beer chug cam. It’s like the kiss cam, but when they put it on you, you have to chug your beer. That will get the crowd going. Will keep everyone posted.
I’ll beer chug with you that’s a good idea.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Arena music is the same everywhere. Funny how folks are always complaining but never offer any better suggestions. So far here all we have is: play Livin' On A Prayer again and beer chug cam.

TerryBoyz

Get four fruits!
Reaction Score
My 3 in no particular order:
1 Welcome to the terror dome - PE
2 brass bonanza
3 fat bottom girls played by the pep band... uhart does this and it’s awesome!

Reaction Score
Arena music is the same everywhere. Funny how folks are always complaining but never offer any better suggestions. So far here all we have is: play Livin' On A Prayer again and beer chug cam.
Those 2 options are already 100x better than what they currently do. Look at any of the best atmospheres in college basketball and football, they do all of this:

Your Love
Seven Nation Army
You shook me all night long
Lose yourself
In the air tonight

The 90's techno music has just gotta stop. There are so many better choices that pumps up an entire crowd

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Did we ever circle back on beer at Gampel? I feel like that was going to happen pre-COVID

Reaction Score
Whoever is in charge of the entire production should be fired. 99% of the stuff they do is super lame and ruins the atmosphere.
Are you referring to the hype man Connor or whatever his name is? Hopefully the crowd is good enough now where we can weed him out...that's amateur stuff.

Reaction Score
More pep band would be my choice.
Yep. Pep band, cheerleaders and mascots create the great college game atmosphere.

Piped in loud music and light shows are how you try and artificially create atmosphere where there is none. (looking at you NBA) Off to yell at some clouds now.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom