Games tonight (11/16) | The Boneyard

Games tonight (11/16)

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
A couple of games worth checking out tonight . . . or maybe just one.

#10 Oregon (2-0) at #19 Texas A&M (2-0) on SECN+ at 8 pm.

#24 Michigan (2-0) at #5 Louisville (3-0) at 7 pm (streaming?)

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I want to watch Ionescu, Bando, Carter, Durr, and Flaherty. Some talent in these games.

Lexi Bando was one of the top 3-point shooters last year, maybe #1. She's a lefty and a little unorthodox, but her accuracy from the corners is uncanny. Check her out. Sabrina will get her the ball in the right spots.

Centerstream

I may not be the sharpest knife in the drawer, but
Reaction Score

What is SECN+? Is this on a cable provider? I have DirecTV and have the SEC Network and also the SEC Network Alternate channel but have never seen anything actually being broadcast on it. I don't think I have even ever seen a program listed in the Guide. I do know that during softball season, the SEC network announcers will say that a game is being broadcasted on the SEC Alternate channel when the game is running past it's allotted time, but I have yet to turn to the channel and actually seen any program on it.

And the Oregon/Texas A&M WBB game does not appear in the Guide for either SEC channel.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
What is SECN+? Is this on a cable provider? I have DirecTV and have the SEC Network and also the SEC Network Alternate channel but have never seen anything actually being broadcast on it. I don't think I have even ever seen a program listed in the Guide. I do know that during softball season, the SEC network announcers will say that a game is being broadcasted on the SEC Alternate channel when the game is running past it's allotted time, but I have yet to turn to the channel and actually seen any program on it.

And the Oregon/Texas A&M WBB game does not appear in the Guide for either SEC channel.
I found my answer on the SEC website. The SECN+ is for live streaming games only. I think they may show up on the WatchESPN app (ESPN 3?). I am hoping that I can watch some of these SEC games on my smart tv.

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score

The Michigan-Louisville game will be shown on ACC Network Extra.

These are the Presesason WNIT semifinal games, with the final to be played on Sunday. I would be very surprised of Louisville lost to Michigan at home. I would consider Oregon the favorite over A&M, but the home court advantage may be a factor for the Aggies. An Oregon-Louisville final would be very entertaining.

Last edited:

Plebe

Reaction Score
I found my answer on the SEC website. The SECN+ is for live streaming games only. I think they may show up on the WatchESPN app (ESPN 3?). I am hoping that I can watch some of these SEC games on my smart tv.
That's right. Both of these games can be seen through ESPN3/WatchESPN (please note that the times below are in Pacific time):

upload_2017-11-16_12-40-46.png

Plebe

Reaction Score
I want to watch Ionescu, Bando, Carter, Durr, and Flaherty. Some talent in these games.

Lexi Bando was one of the top 3-point shooters last year, maybe #1. She's a lefty and a little unorthodox, but her accuracy from the corners is uncanny. Check her out. Sabrina will get her the ball in the right spots.
Another player to watch: Chennedy Carter, freshman point guard for A&M, ranked #6 overall by ESPN in the 2017 class.

A nice preview of the Oregon-A&M matchup:
How good can No. 10 Oregon women's basketball be? No. 20 Texas A&M provides an early preview

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Another player to watch: Chennedy Carter, freshman point guard for A&M, ranked #6 overall by ESPN in the 2017 class.
Yep, she was on my list. I saw her in the Jordan Brand game. I think she has a good shot at FOY, because she is very good and will have the ball in her hands a lot. Based on what Kara Lawson said, Sabally may be a strong contender too.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Flaherty looks like a DePaul player. She just swished 3 in a row from 3' past the arc.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Flaherty looks like a DePaul player. She just swished 3 in a row from 3' past the arc.
She has three 3-pointers in the first 5 minutes of the game, all from the top of the key. Michigan is up 13-10 at the first media timeout.

Hines-Allen also looks like she's about to have a big game.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
She has three 3-pointers in the first 5 minutes of the game, all from the top of the key. Michigan is up 13-10 at the first media timeout.

Hines-Allen also looks like she's about to have a big game.
Flaherty is now 4-4 from the arc. Damn!

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Michigan leads 22-21 after Q1, largely because they shot 5-6 from distance. Louisville seems to have more depth and better players, but the Wolverines are having in there. Flaherty is one of those tough sharpshooters from the Jersey Shore (like the Mabreys).

Plebe

Reaction Score
Flaherty is EN FUEGO.

Her defender was trying to face-guard her, so she backdoors her for an easy layup. Then on the next possession she nails ANOTHER 3 from 3 feet back of the top of the key. 5-5 from 3, 17 points.

Michigan leads, 29-21.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Flaherty averaged 14, 22, and 20 ppg in her 3 years at Michigan. She is only their second 2,000-point scorer and fastest to that threshold. She'll probably have all their scoring records when she graduates.

Reaction Score
SC 31, Clemson 9, mid of 2nd Q
Clemson missed so many easy shots, 4-21 FG and 1-4 FT.
SC has 2 starters with zero pts, and NPOY candidate A' Wilson 6 pts.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Michigan leads 37-32 at the half. Louisville is clanking jump shots. Durr is 1-9. I'm not impressed.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Flaherty averaged 14, 22, and 20 ppg in her 3 years at Michigan. She is only their second 2,000-point scorer and fastest to that threshold. She'll probably have all their scoring records when she graduates.
She has flown under the radar playing in a relatively weak conference for a team that has missed the NCAA tournament. You can tell she's ready to have a great year.

Louisville finally upped its defensive pressure and figured out how to switch off the screens to keep Flaherty in check. But a few other players for Michigan are finding their shot. Louisville has had chances to take the lead and have a big edge on the boards, but they're just missing shots.

Michigan leads at the half, 37-32.

Plebe

Reaction Score
On that topic:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"Both teams come out strugglin'" Uh, yeah. Could say typical early season I guess.

Centerstream

Reaction Score
That's right. Both of these games can be seen through ESPN3/WatchESPN (please note that the times below are in Pacific time):

View attachment 26219
I am trying to watch the game on watchESPN right now (Oregon and Texas A&M) but so far, I get nothing.
Is anyone seeing it?

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I am trying to watch the game on watchESPN right now (Oregon and Texas A&M) but so far, I get nothing.
Is anyone seeing it?
SEC Network is not part of my cable package, so I can't get it on WatchESPN.

Reaction Score
SEC Network is not part of my cable package, so I can't get it on WatchESPN.
I've got espn3 through sling tv but I can't find hide nor feather. Wasting time talking so someone in Jakarta in a little white box now but it's not looking good. They have friggin' international snail races live but it's too much to ask for up and coming programs to get some air time? Oh, wait, these are male slugs. I get it.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom