Games Today | The Boneyard

Games Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Watching UVA VT. I remember when UVA last played here in Mendenhall's 1st year. Game was boring but physically the teams were very similar. Since then UVA is trending up and physically we are no where what we were just a few short years ago. Really hoping we take that next step next year.

Love the dual threat ability of the UVA QB. Fun game.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Watching UCF USF and it’s the same 'yarders who did our game vs UCF and they are still drooling over Gabriel Davis and the OBJ stuff.

Reaction Score
Cincy's safety cost them a chance to win the game against Memphis and potentially host Memphis (or Navy) for the conference title. Down 27-24, and at the end of a play where the Bearcats had Memphis stopped on third down, he threw the player he was engaged with to the ground. 15 yards, 1st down... Memphis scores on the continued drive and locks up the win.

Reaction Score
Cincy's safety cost them a chance to win the game against Memphis and potentially host Memphis (or Navy) for the conference title. Down 27-24, and at the end of a play where the Bearcats had Memphis stopped on third down, he threw the player he was engaged with to the ground. 15 yards, 1st down... Memphis scores on the continued drive and locks up the win.

That penalty call on the Cincy D end i the 4th qtr on the third down stop which would have given them the ball looked awful odd. I generally do not believe in conspiracy theories but you have to wonder if the AAC wanted Navy in the conference championship game. I've officiated in the past up to the high school level, but i can't fathom a crew/official making an "unsportsmen" like call in that situation with two offensive linemen that far away from the ball. The announcers even went silent on the replay after the color guys indicated he hit the qb late. The two players weren't anywhere near the qb. It was an odd call at a critical time. The call:

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sure there is no way in hell the AAC wanted a Navy-Cincy title game or any chance that Navy would've won the conference title and cost the conference the G5 bid to the New Year's 6

Reaction Score
Aside from the field turf, great to see a snow game when briefly flipping on the Wisconsin-Minnesota Battle of the Axe. Boom, down go the Gophers once again when facing pretty good competition.

After trouncing UW 38-7 earlier this season, Ohio States gets to face the Badgers again for the B1G championship. For the unanticipated upset, go Badgers!

Back to Auburn ideally bouncing back to end Bama’s BCS hopes ...

Reaction Score
It took the loss of their QB, 13 penalties, two defensive touchdowns against them, and a missed field goal for Alabama to lose. Great game, great for Auburn, but it really is insane to see how far ahead of the pack some schools are. I'm not sure how it will change either as it looks like it is just going to be a handful of teams that can actually win it every year, with the rest just being background noise.

Reaction Score
FWIW, Bama’s won 6, Auburn 4 of the last 10 Iron Bowls. When not scoring more points, injuries, penalties, bad plays, etc don’t influence game results, that would be novel. Great game, great rivalry, and great for Bama to be booted from BCS discussions!

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
LSU destroying TAMU. 28-0 with 11 minutes left in 2Q

Reaction Score

The Cincinnati player did not throw the Memphis player to the ground. He punched him. That was the call.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom