Games on SNY? | The Boneyard

Games on SNY?

Reaction Score
The game vs Columbia is listed as “Blackout”. What is the story on that? No problem last season.

Reaction Score
The game vs Columbia is listed as “Blackout”. What is the story on that? No problem last season.

I'm not sure where you see that. The way SNY games go is as follows:

• you can watch the game on SNY (if you have it great, problem solved)
  • if you don't have SNY, you can watch the games on ESPN3 provided you don't live in an area that offers SNY (see map below)
  • if you live in an area that offers SNY but don't have access to ESPN3, you're SOL -- that's the blackout component

Reaction Score
Thanks, that may mean it is some issue with my Comcast. The replay is listed OK.
  • if you don't have SNY, you can watch the games on ESPN3 provided you don't live in an area that offers SNY (see map below)
  • if you live in an area that offers SNY but don't have access to ESPN3, you're SOL -- that's the blackout component

Reaction Score
Is Taylor Rooks back this year?

RJR6iHHj.jpg

shizzle787

King Shizzle DCCLXXXVII of the Cesspool
Reaction Score

Hey, we're NY's team.

Reaction Score
This season, SNY is offering games and pregame and postgame coverage via SNY.tv and the NBC Sports app to authenticated subscribers to the network. The streaming may be just the start as SNY pushes UConn content on various platforms.

This is really good. Now UConn needs to start pushing for more MBB and FB insider access alongside the work already done for WBB (which is good and very well done).

SNY Enjoying Partnership With Geno Auriemma, UConn

Reaction Score

I should have also added earlier, with the new agreement between SNY & NBC Sports you now have an additional option:
  • you can watch the game on the NBC Sports app in the SNY coverage area and if it is included in your cable package
  • and if you don't live in the SNY coverage area, you can watch it on WatchESPN (as already noted above)

Reaction Score
I should have also added earlier, with the new agreement between SNY & NBC Sports you now have an additional option:
  • you can watch the game on the NBC Sports app in the SNY coverage area and if it is included in your cable package
  • and if you don't live in the SNY coverage area, you can watch it on WatchESPN (as already noted above)

Some really good insight. Wish I could add something but had to comment on how hilarious the above pic is with all the guys looking the other way! Just funny. :) haha:)

Reaction Score
So based on what I have read, if you live inside the SNY service area, UConn's SNY games should be availble via the NBC Sports app if you are logged in as a subscribing customer for SNY. If you are outside of the SNY area, ESPN3 is good to go.

Using the NBC Sports App, logged in as an SNY subscriber, I don't see the game on their schedule. I'm hoping that's just a problem with the schedule... but I guess we'll see tomorrow...

Reaction Score
So based on what I have read, if you live inside the SNY service area, UConn's SNY games should be availble via the NBC Sports app if you are logged in as a subscribing customer for SNY. If you are outside of the SNY area, ESPN3 is good to go.

Using the NBC Sports App, logged in as an SNY subscriber, I don't see the game on their schedule. I'm hoping that's just a problem with the schedule... but I guess we'll see tomorrow...

That's my understanding correct, unless the streaming is only available for WBB games which would be dumb.

Reaction Score
I'm out of the SNY market, and I see it's on my ESPN3 schedule:

7:00 PM
Colgate vs. Connecticut (M Basketball)
channel_logo_espn3_2x.png

Reaction Score
That's my understanding correct, unless the streaming is only available for WBB games which would be dumb.
It's pretty clear on the SNY FAQ that it should be available. Just makes me nervous when it doesn't show on the schedule.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score

Yes or No on ESPN3 Replay for those blacked out in the SNY area?

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score

I noticed on my fire stick the Nets' garbage games always on NBC app ... That's amazing news for me, in Buffalo, after getting rid of cable.

Reaction Score
So can someone smarter than myself make sure I've got this right:

SNY is only available via standard cable providers, not on any of the bundled streaming services. I've checked HuluLive, YouTube TV, sling, fubo, PSVue and direct TV now.

So even though some of those streaming services give you access to ESPN 3 and NBC Sports, the game would be blacked out for anyone in CT if they don't have SNY through a regular cable provider like Comcast or Cox?

Reaction Score
So can someone smarter than myself make sure I've got this right:

SNY is only available via standard cable providers, not on any of the bundled streaming services. I've checked HuluLive, YouTube TV, sling, fubo, PSVue and direct TV now.

So even though some of those streaming services give you access to ESPN 3 and NBC Sports, the game would be blacked out for anyone in CT if they don't have SNY through a regular cable provider like Comcast or Cox?
Yeah. Your best bet is to find a family member with a Comcast subscription. You can stream SNY on the Xfinity site. Or go to a bar...

Reaction Score
I noticed on my fire stick the Nets' garbage games always on NBC app ... That's amazing news for me, in Buffalo, after getting rid of cable.
So to the garbage Nets games show up on the schedule? Or do they just appear when they start? Available for replay?

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score
It's pretty clear on the SNY FAQ that it should be available. Just makes me nervous when it doesn't show on the schedule.

Are you signed in with your provider yet? I didn’t see it either but then logged in with my Optimum credentials and it shows in upcoming now.

Reaction Score
Are you signed in with your provider yet? I didn’t see it either but then logged in with my Optimum credentials and it shows in upcoming now.
I do see it on iOS app now, still doesn’t show up on AppleTV version of app. Didn’t have the regional sign in like the iOS app did, must be why.

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
So to the garbage Nets games show up on the schedule? Or do they just appear when they start? Available for replay?

I generally see them on the "live and upcoming" (or whatever they call it) right at the start.

I can't tell you I've looked on the App for the schedule, but for example, I've seen the live 8 pm game there, then next to it the upcoming Nets game, or current Nets game, and specifically recall thinking recently that was weird that they were playing YES network and other games on an NBC sports App.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom