Games on Friday 2/10 | The Boneyard

Games on Friday 2/10

Plebe

La verdad no peca pero incomoda
Reaction Score
#20 Syracuse at #14 Duke (7 pm Eastern, ACC Network)
#18 DePaul at Xavier (7 pm Eastern, Live)
#15 UCLA at Oregon (6 pm Pacific, Pac-12 Networks)
#23 Arizona State at Washington State (7 pm Pacific, WSU live stream)
Arizona at #10 Washington (8 pm Pacific, Pac-12 Networks)
USC at #9 Oregon State (8 pm Pacific, Pac-12 Networks

Syracuse-Duke: A rare Friday-night ACC matchup. Duke off to a good start, up 10 late in 1Q.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Checking in live from the game. Best quarter of Duke Wcbb I've seen in awhile. Let's hope it continues.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Checking in live from the game. Best quarter of Duke Wcbb I've seen in awhile. Let's hope it continues.

Duke playing very well. Where are you seated?!

Plebe

Reaction Score
Duke up 40-24 at the half. Blue devils are winning both the rebounding and turnover battles, starving Syracuse of the extra possessions that their style of play absolutely depends on. Right now the Orange are on life support.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Duke playing very well. Where are you seated?!

In the bleachers......... padded with no back support though. My back is killing me.. Praying for no overtime. :oops:

We are continuing to play well... Inside and outside.. Brown and Greenwell are out playing the high scoring duo for the Orange.

Reaction Score
This could be the thousand and one night for the Cardinal fans.

Plebe

Reaction Score
In the bleachers... padded with no back support though. My back is killing me.. Praying for no overtime. :oops:

We are continuing to play well.. Inside and outside.. Brown and Greenwell are out playing the high scoring duo for the Orange.

Well done by Duke. They maintained control the entire game, and the outcome was never really in doubt.

UCLA is trailing Oregon by 9 at the end of Q3. The difference in this game has been 3-point shooting: Oregon's hot and UCLA's not.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Sabrina Ionuscu working on a triple double and the ducks are taking it to UCLA. Leading the Bruins 74-60

These PAC12 games have been outstanding this season.

Oops, I forgot to list the Stanford-Colorado game in the original message. Just about to start (8 pm Pacific).

Ionescu was 1 rebound and 2 points shy of the triple-double and she grabbed the defensive rebound and got fouled. Calmly sank both free throws for the 10 x 10 x 10 stat line.

HuskyFan1125

"Dont be the same, be better"
Reaction Score
Wow!!! Sabrina Ionescu with her 4th triple double of her FRESHMAN season. Outstanding. She is a pleasure to watch.

Ducks are gonna get the win at home over #15UCLA

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow!!! Sabrina Ionescu with her 4th triple double of her FRESHMAN season. Outstanding. She is a pleasure to watch.

Ducks are gonna get the win at home over #15UCLA

That was just an amazing performance by Oregon. Most impressive to me was the 21 assists on 28 made FGs. The 9-of-15 shooting from 3 sure didn't hurt either. Lexi Bando, who leads the Pac-12 for 3-point percentage, was 5 of 7 from 3 and finished with a season-high 25 points. Ruthy Hebard was her usual steady and efficient self, with 15 points (on 5-of-6 shooting) and 10 rebounds. They also got big contributions from Cazorla (13 pts) and from their other two freshmen, McGwire and Campisano (9 pts and 6/5 rebounds each). Not to mention Ionescu's triple-double.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Damn, Arizona State just hung on to beat Washington State, 61-58.

WSU has had the most hard-luck season. Lost their top 3 scorers plus a bench player to injury. If they could've finished above .500 for the season, I'm convinced they would've had a decent shot at an at-large bid. Despite entering this game with a 10-13 record, WSU was ranked #53 in the RPI, #41 in Sagarin, and #46 in Massey. They've lost a whole bunch of really close games this season, including tonight's.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Washington is blitzing Arizona but both Oregon State and Stanford trail at the half! Both are at home btw!

Plebe

Reaction Score
PAC good shot at getting 7 in tourney.

In addition to the top 5, Oregon is nearly a lock, Cal has a more than decent shot, and Utah has an outside shot.

Washington State, if they can somehow win their last 5 games, would still be eligible! They can certainly beat Arizona, Utah and Colorado at home, but sweeping the LA schools in LA is a tall order.

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Oregon State is going to get beat at home. Trailing USC 62-45 with 2:33 to go

HuskyFan1125

Reaction Score
Stanford pulling away from Colorado in the 4th

jonson

Oregonian
Reaction Score
Oops, I forgot to list the Stanford-Colorado game in the original message. Just about to start (8 pm Pacific).

Ionescu was 1 rebound and 2 points shy of the triple-double and she grabbed the defensive rebound and got fouled. Calmly sank both free throws for the 10 x 10 x 10 stat line.

Ended up 11x10x10. Ionescu took only 8 shots, but she is already quite the leader and very tough. Hebard had another double double (her 8th, I think). And all this from a team that starts 3 freshman, a sophomore, and a junior, with the first 3 players off the bench two more freshmen and a sophomore. Tied at 4, and the Ducks led for the rest of the game. Still some really boneheaded plays against the UCLA press, but this is a team that's becoming a very tough out.

Plebe

Reaction Score
Wow!! 3 way tie for 1st place in PAc12 race: Washington, Stanford, Oregon State!!

USC just vaulted themselves back into the at-large bid discussion with a huge win at Oregon State, 70-50. Sadie Edwards, the transfer from UConn, had a big game: 17 points despite foul trouble. USC's pressure defense got 14 steals and converted many of them for layups.

The UCLA-OSU game on Sunday will feature two pissed-off teams playing with urgency to avoid a winless weekend.

Last edited:

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Great game last night for the Duke vets..... Greenwell had 18pts, 10 rebounds, 3 assists, and 3 steals. Brown had 9 pts... 11 rebounds.. and 8 assists. Cooper had a solid game with 12 pts.... and Chidom came off the bench and added 16pts. If we can get that kind of production from our posts...... Duke has a chance to make some noise in March.

Syracuse had a good crowd.... of course they have 3 players from Raleigh so their friends and family accounted for alot of that.

A acrobat known as Red Panda was the halftime entertainment. Id never heard of her before Thursday....... it was quite entertaining...... easily the best halftime show Ive seen in Cameron in the years Ive attended games.

Syracuse-Duke: A rare Friday-night ACC matchup. Duke off to a good start, up 10 late in 1Q.

I loved having a ACC game on a Friday. The reason it was on friday as opposed to the usual thursday was due to the fact that the Duke vsUNC-Cheat matchup moved to Thursday this season. It was a great and lively atmosphere.... more kids in attendance. It used to be a regular thing before the latest ACC expansion in 2014. I can see why they went to a Thurs-Sun schedule.... better for the student athletes as opposed to Friday Night-Sunday Afternoon. But from a purely selfish reasons... I wish they were alot more Friday games.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
I'm a great believer in redemption
But also have been an outspoken critics of the antics of Joanne P...
And would have been happy to see her go

But the close call with admin this summer has obviously resulted in a bout of introspection
And she and her young woman are doing much better.

Good on her.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Last year in the Carrier Dome.... Syracuse won by 40 pts..... and Duke had over 30 turnovers. I remember listening to the Duke radio team questioning whether or not the Orange were trying to run up the score. Payback was sweet :) I just watched the post game news conference.... and Chidom referenced last year's game and being extra motivated to get the victory on Friday. EXTRA MOTIVATED :D:D:D:D:D:D:D EXTRA EXTRA !!!!!! :cool:

One of the good things about seeing a game in person is you get to see the pregame interactions between the head coaches and staffs. If you watch a game on TV.... you really only get to see the postgame handshake line.. and usually its quick and terse. McCallie and the Syracuse Coach had a warm embrace and chatted and laughed more than the usual. I like Hillsman... he gets a bad rap on this board... but I like em. He's very entertaining to watch....i spent more time than usual watching his antics. He walked oncourt with his jacket... and i wondered how long before he would discard it. It didnt take more than a few minutes :p

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom