Gameday - UConn hosts Arkansas 1:00 pm ET | The Boneyard

Gameday - UConn hosts Arkansas 1:00 pm ET

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
Welcome to another year of my gameday posts. "GAMEDAY" will be posted the morning of each game throughout the season. This will be your one stop for all of the PREGAME news, facts, and notes of the day's game prior to the tip. Let's go. Enjoy the game everyone. :)

“It’s not your traditional cupcake opener, right?” coach Geno Auriemma said. “It’s a great challenge for us because not only are they a good team that challenges your premier defense, and the fact that they beat us last year at their place. ... I think there’s a little more angst going into it.” Even freshman Azzi Fudd is well familiar with how it all went down — the bad, but also the good that came from it.

Here’s what else you need to know about the matchup.
Site:
XL Center
Time: 1 p.m.
Series: Tied, 1-1
Last meeting: No. 19 Arkansas 90, No. 3 UConn 87 in Fayetteville, Ark., Jan. 28, 2021
TV: SNY: Allen Bestwick (pxp), Meghan Culmo (analyst), Maria Marino (sideline)
Streaming: In-market SNY viewers can watch at SNY.tv or through the NBC Sports App. Out-of-market viewers can watch the game on the Fox Sports App or at https://www.foxsports.com/. The games might not appear on those sites until right around tipoff.

Arkansas Roster - Head coach Mike Neighbors (5th year)

Arkansas game notes

UConn Roster - Head coach Geno Auriemma (37th year)

UConn game notes

INJURY REPORT -
Auriemma confirmed on Friday that both Saylor Poffenbarger and Aubrey Griffin will be out of Sunday’s game due to ongoing injuries. Griffin was in a boot and not participating in practice drills last week. On Friday, the junior participated in warmups with the team before jumping on the stationary bike. Poffenbarger wore a boot on the sideline of Sunday’s exhibition and was seen on Friday with a compression sleeve not participating in practice.

Massey's prediction: UConn 76 - Ark 66

The ultimate UConn women’s basketball 2021-22 season preview

Everything you need to know about the Huskies ahead of the season opener on Sunday.

Big East Conference news

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I like the full "cupcake" quote by Geno:

"It's not your traditional cupcake opener where you bring somebody in and give them a hot meal and tell them you want to win by 70," Auriemma said. "It's not one of those. So obviously it's a great challenge for us. I think there's a little more angst going into it."

Reaction Score
For those of us that's out of the town, is foxsports the only option to watch this game? I don't see it on their Website, but hoping it will appear at game time. Is there a streamcast link to watch this game?

eebmg

Fair and Balanced
Reaction Score
Starters: Paige, Azzi, CW, Aaliyah, ONO
Really. Wow. Well. every soundbite this game day has been Geno wants to see Azzi and Paige on the court as much at the same time.

Reaction Score
I have the FoxNow app and it shows on their upcoming section. Hope this helps.
Thanks but I don't see it on my Fox now app and Fox Sports app. I am in CA so that could be an issue. I wish Uconn get better streaming coverage for this for out of state alums.

Reaction Score
Well apparently Azzi isn't starting now, and we're back to last week's starting lineup.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom