Gameday Capsule & More | The Boneyard

Gameday Capsule & More

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Women’s basketball gameday capsule: No. 1 UConn at No. 5 UCLA

"Samuelson is still in the spotlight but not in the way she would prefer. A foot injury will force her to miss a second consecutive game.

“It is a shame. I told her there is an opportunity for her to learn more about basketball watching these next two weeks of basketball than she has learned in the two years she has been playing here and all of her previous years playing. Because when you sit there and you know you aren’t going to play, you start to see things you never saw before, so there is a chance she can come back better than she already is,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said."

UConn’s Dangerfield, UCLA’s Canada highlight Top 5 showdown

“I have tried to figure out a way that when she turns her little screen on in the plane in front of her, a picture of (UCLA guard) Jordin Canada pops up and it stays there the entire flight,” Auriemma said before the team left for its week and a half road trip featuring games in California, Oregon and Nevada. “I am sure Crystal will be up for it, she will be excited about it. They are similar in some ways, so Pauley Pavilion, two great guards going at it, it is going to be pretty exciting.”

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Women’s basketball gameday capsule: No. 1 UConn at No. 5 UCLA

"Samuelson is still in the spotlight but not in the way she would prefer. A foot injury will force her to miss a second consecutive game.

“It is a shame. I told her there is an opportunity for her to learn more about basketball watching these next two weeks of basketball than she has learned in the two years she has been playing here and all of her previous years playing. Because when you sit there and you know you aren’t going to play, you start to see things you never saw before, so there is a chance she can come back better than she already is,” UConn coach Geno Auriemma said."

UConn’s Dangerfield, UCLA’s Canada highlight Top 5 showdown

“I have tried to figure out a way that when she turns her little screen on in the plane in front of her, a picture of (UCLA guard) Jordin Canada pops up and it stays there the entire flight,” Auriemma said before the team left for its week and a half road trip featuring games in California, Oregon and Nevada. “I am sure Crystal will be up for it, she will be excited about it. They are similar in some ways, so Pauley Pavilion, two great guards going at it, it is going to be pretty exciting.”
Yikes, nothing like applying the pressure on our young guard!

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yikes, nothing like applying the pressure on our young guard!

I hear you, but she just might take it as a huge compliment and continue to run with it with unbridled confidence.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wilson
Top Bottom