Gamecocks 2021 | The Boneyard

Gamecocks 2021

Reaction Score
Only Four games for the month. All televised:

Thu. Dec. 3 #8 NC State at home - 7:00 ESPN2

Sun, Dec. 6 at #15 Iowa St. - Noon ESPNU

Thu. Dec 17 Temple at home- 7:00 SECN

Thu. Dec. 31 Ole Miss at home 6:30 SECN

Dear Huskies: Thank you for this board! I expect many of you will visit this month's thread due to no UConn games for the next couple of weeks. As the season progresses, we may pick up more Gamecock fans that are not regulars. I will try to keep them in line. I do not want the thread(s) to turn into garbage argument threads. Please keep in mind that we are NOT UConn. Nobody is. We act differently and carry a newbie chip on our shoulders. Yes, we want a banner for last year. We understand that it was not a championship. We just want to honor that team, particularly the now-departed seniors. We are not like UConn fans. We do not have decades of dominance in our history.

Dear Gamecocks: We are visitors. Respect our hosts. Remember, they don't understand us. Plus, they are extremely disappointed in not being able to watch their team at this time.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Hey, first time poster but I've been a lurker for the whole off season. I wish the gamecocks had an active forum dedicated to discussing my lady Gamecocks! I guess this will have to do...

I'm excited but nervous about this upcoming month. I hope we have a better game plan for NC State and Iowa State. Dawn just seemed to want to "out athlete" the competition in the tournament. It worked but I was biting my nails. She also seemed to be experimenting with different personnel groupings, so I don't think it'll be indicative of the rest of the season.

I think what concerns me is that we seem to have multiple personnel vying for the same roles. Destanni, Destiny, and Zia all have the shooters mentality. None seem to have a point guard mentality. Eniya russell, from what little I saw, may actually be our future at PG. She seemed to have that distributor/director mentality that is missing from the other guards.

The remaining ladies seem to have the "big" mentality. They just want to get rebounds and make layups. There is no finesse play, no 3-point shots, no pull up jumpers. In fact besides Zia and Destanni, there was a giant crowd under the basket. I felt like that's why Boston struggled because our other players were assuming her role and causing defenders to crowd her space. It's gonna be a long season if this trend continues...

Reaction Score
With that said, it seems to be that Zia Cooke and Amihere had good off-seasons. Zia seems to have worked hard on her 3 point shot. She has a goal to hit at least 40% of her 3 pointers. She is off to a good start -- 6/11 through the first three games. She also seems to be assuming the leader mentality. She takes the burden upon herself to make shots when the team is struggling. I expect her to have an all SEC type of year and possibly all-american.

Amihere looks fluid and has a great handle on the ball for a big girl. She doesn't look lost on defense this season, either. In fact I think she was one of our better defenders in the tournament. She was a liability on defense last season, so that's great to see.

Reaction Score
Whoops! I'll modify. I see them referred to as lady g's on other sites so I just assumed it was normalized. But now that you say it, I realized they don't use it in promotional material.

Reaction Score
I think South Dakota and Gonzaga were interesting tests.

Those are the kind of teams you're going to see on the road to the Elite 8.

Lacking in top end talent but good at what they do.

NC State is going to tell us more about where South Carolina matches up with contenders.

I'd guess they will play us a lot more straight up inside. I'm not sure we are as likely to feast in transition. It will be interesting to see how the perimeter defense looks as well.

I think Carolina will improve as the season moves on, but it should be a pretty good first snapshot.

LETTERL

Pack Leader
Reaction Score
South Carolina is a 10.5 point favorite. I am sure hoping NC State plays them closer than that.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
South Carolina is a 10.5 point favorite. I am sure hoping NC State plays them closer than that.

Yall better represent for the land grants

Reaction Score

The only games not showing televsion coverage are UConn (which I'm sure will be on some FOX channel) and Auburn. The latter has an asterisk. What's up with that?

Reaction Score
The only games not showing televsion coverage are UConn (which I'm sure will be on some FOX channel) and Auburn. The latter has an asterisk. What's up with that?
Don’t know the reason for Auburn but I assume it will be on SECN+. ESPN has always carried the UConn game but if home team, Big East rights take precedence, then I assume that game will end up on FS1. As long as they don’t put it on FS2 (which is a SD channel on my cable), I’ll be fine. My bet is it will be on ESPN.

Reaction Score
The injury bug starts to affect NC State...

Hope she gets well soon and that injury doesn’t require cutting away some of the meniscus. Always hate when young athletes lose some of that valuable cartilage so early in their career.

Reaction Score
giphy.gif

Reaction Score
Offense by this team to start the season is depressing me. :(

Reaction Score
Welp, if you’re going to suck it up, do it in December. Girls need a good, long look in the mirror. Quick turnaround to next game. Hopefully they can survive Ames, then they got a lot of time after, with only 1 game before SEC play, to clean it up and figure things out.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom