Game Week: UConn vs. Houston (10/19/19 @ Noon on ESPNU) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn vs. Houston (10/19/19 @ Noon on ESPNU)

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
Jack Zergiotis will get better at the long pass. I'm more confident in that than I am playcalling with short and goal to go getting much better.

I'll even posit that if RE hadn't wasted a couple of weeks of Jack Zergiotis's development by starting Beaudry, UConn might've even won today.

After today, I'm back to going with 3-9.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
That team played very well today. The defense was vastly improved. I thought Edsall may have lost these kids, but that does not appear to be the case.

I think play calling was sound.

they played good. I don’t think the play calling was sound on crucial plays. For instance after Mensah made a big play to get them in deep red zone they went with a smaller Thompson instead of feeding Mesah who not only made the big play but also is capable of Crushing it into the end zone... good two minutes drill however. Boys could play today but couldn’t execute in the red

Reaction Score

With today's performance by Jack Zergiotis (who has a chance to be special), the young WR's and these remarks by Benedict I think we can pretty much end speculation about a coaching change. Randy will be back next year unless he decides to call it a day. Top priority from here on out is keeping our core group of talented young players bought into the program. Randy needs to re-recruit his own team.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
They played hard today. If not for a few mistakes they might have won, but at least they looked like an FBS football team today.

Agree with the decision to start Jack Zergiotis going forward. Let the kid develop.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Our kicker really let us down. That missed FG was pathetic.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score

I like this kid. He's young, you can see it in face and can hear it in how hard he took those misses, but experience and time is most of what he's missing. It encouraging.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom