Game Week - UConn v. Wyoming (Saturday 9/25/21 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | Page 5 | The Boneyard

Game Week - UConn v. Wyoming (Saturday 9/25/21 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score

-> Phommachanh, making his second straight start, was 19 of 39 passing for 171 yards.

“He definitely energizes the offense,” UConn cornerback Jeremy Lucien said. “He does a great job being comfortable in the pocket. When the pressure’s coming to him, he can move around while still keeping his eyes downfield and keeping his poise. … Above all else, it’s just awesome to see a freshman coming from the scout team doing the things that he’s doing.” <-

-> Despite the absences of defensive tackle Travis Jones and linebacker Omar Fortt, UConn’s defense delivered its best performance to date. The 24 points allowed were easily a season low, and the Huskies intercepted Chambers (15-28, 149 yards) twice.

“We have to keep on eliminating long drives, long drives,” Spanos said. “Worst-case scenario, you try to get field goals. … We’re getting better.”

“We did take a lot of steps forward,” Lucien added. “Our communication was at a much higher level than it has been for the last couple of weeks. Everybody was tuned into their assignments and tuned into reading their keys, pre-snap and post-snap.” <-

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
I thought he was our best interior lineman in the Army game.
I thought Erik Watts was OK but Quay Evans was really good until he and the D line wore down in the 4th quarte.

Reaction Score
It seems Watts isn’t playing at 100%. That burst and strength he had as a true freshman hasn’t appeared in 2021.
I thought both Watts and Swenson would play better this year. Swenson got hurt in the Fresno State game and got hurt again in the Army game. Watts got hurt before the start of the season and missed the Fresno State game ( I don't recall if he play against Holy Cross ). As fans we never know how much a injury is affecting the player performance on the field. I agree with you that Watts doesn't seem be to be as explosive as he was as a true freshman.

Reaction Score
Spanos Sunday Media Call - Wyoming Wrap-Up:

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports
In 3 minutes, @UConnFootball Interim Head Coach Lou Spanos will be speaking to the media. Stay tuned for updates!

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 7m
Spanos on DB Myles Bell's injury status: "He's out this week.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 5m
Spanos: We saw a lot of good this week, and we're ready to build on it against Vanderbilt.

UCTV Sports @UCTVSports 5m
Spanos on Wyoming's penalty trouble late: "The penalties did help us sustain the drives."

Reaction Score

-> “At our team meeting today,” Spanos said, “we talked about the FBS teams we’ve played. Their record is 15-2, the opponents. We talked about where we started. We’re trending in the right direction. We had a lot of good in the game, and we’re ready to build on it.”

This overlooks a loss to an FCS team, Holy Cross, in Week 2, but the Huskies’ independent schedule hasn’t been been forgiving. Fresno State, which beat UConn 45-0 in the opener, is 4-1, its only loss to Oregon, and ranked 18th in the AP Poll. Purdue, which beat the Huskies 49-0 on Sept. 11, is 3-1, its only loss to Notre Dame. Army and Wyoming are both 4-0. <-

Alternate access link here <<

Reaction Score

-> “At our team meeting today,” Spanos said, “we talked about the FBS teams we’ve played. Their record is 15-2, the opponents. We talked about where we started. We’re trending in the right direction. We had a lot of good in the game, and we’re ready to build on it.”

This overlooks a loss to an FCS team, Holy Cross, in Week 2, but the Huskies’ independent schedule hasn’t been been forgiving. Fresno State, which beat UConn 45-0 in the opener, is 4-1, its only loss to Oregon, and ranked 18th in the AP Poll. Purdue, which beat the Huskies 49-0 on Sept. 11, is 3-1, its only loss to Notre Dame. Army and Wyoming are both 4-0. <-

Alternate access link here <<

Yup. Plus taking a year off Was a huge deal. I can totally see a win or 2 in the next three games.

jbdphi

Aussie Aussie Aussie!
Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything about Brewton and status for next week? I could have sworn he didn't bring back any kickoffs after our first one and he had a few carries in the 1st half and I never saw him after that...

hardcorehusky

Lost patience with the garden variety UConn fan
Reaction Score
Anyone hear anything about Brewton and status for next week? I could have sworn he didn't bring back any kickoffs after our first one and he had a few carries in the 1st half and I never saw him after that...
Wyoming kicked away from him after that first one.

BlueandOG

We are not amused.
Reaction Score
One of the funniest, truest, and unfortunate things I've read recently:

"Randy Edsall would sooner run his car onto the field and stall for time than a fake a punt or a kick. And trick plays on offense were almost completely a no-no as well.

Bob Diaco would run a trick play — he called them “exotics” — every third down if given the chance. He once ran nearly the same fake field goal play twice in the same game."

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69

Top Bottom