Game Week-> UConn v. Illinois (9/7/19 @ 3:30p on CBSSN) | The Boneyard

Game Week-> UConn v. Illinois (9/7/19 @ 3:30p on CBSSN)

Reaction Score
Give me a game where they fight hard and hang in there for 60 minutes. If the defense is even somewhat fixed from last year’s nightmare they have a chance to do that.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Give me a game where they fight hard and hang in there for 60 minutes. If the defense is even somewhat fixed from last year’s nightmare they have a chance to do that.

Wasn't that last week's game?

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
It’s not the x and o it’s the jimmy and joes

It’s both. It’s putting Jimmy and Joe in situations where they can succeed and execute. On the offensive side a big part of that is being less predictable. Throwing on first down often enough to keep the D honest for example. We should be a good first down play action team since everyone stacks the box against us. Especially in the middle of the field. Edsall paid lip service to wanting to be more multiple from given sets when he came here from Detroit. But I sure haven’t seen much of it.

Reaction Score
It’s both. It’s putting Jimmy and Joe in situations where they can succeed and execute. On the offensive side a big part of that is being less predictable. Throwing on first down often enough to keep the D honest for example. We should be a good first down play action team since everyone stacks the box against us. Especially in the middle of the field. Edsall paid lip service to wanting to be more multiple from given sets when he came here from Detroit. But I sure haven’t seen much of it.
Many years ago there was an excellent coach you may have heard of. His name was Paul "BEAR" Bryant. He knew how to put his players in situations where they could succeed and execute. Alabama was not integrating their football team and there was strong opposition from their fan base to do so. Bear played USC who had a multitude of Black athletes. Even though Bear Bryant was one of the greatest coaches who ever lived he could not make up for the talent base of the teams that had Black athletes as well as White players. He got KILLED By USC. Hawk,don't ever forget there is no substitution for talent!

Reaction Score
It’s not the x and o it’s the jimmy and joes
Ok, and who is in charge of getting the jimmy and joes? So you are saying put the Oklahoma coach at UConn in 2017 and HCRE1.0BoomerSooner at Oklahoma the 2 teams would be just as good now as they currently are?
Massey currently has Oklahoma as #7 and UConn as #129 (out of 130 teams). Oklahoma made a big mistake then as could have saved a lot of money by picking HCREDreamJob1.0 to be their new coach in 2017.
So it wasn't PP or Red Pants who caused difficulty those 6 or so years it was those damned jimmy and joes.

Reaction Score
Bum Phillips once said about Don Shuler.

He can beat yours with his or his with yours.

Reaction Score
I could argue that Randy chose the best approach against Wagner. Uconn had the superior team. The fumble, INT and botched 4th down was a 28 point swing. Playing conservative backfired because of the turnovers.
This week things are different. I’d like to see us attempt to keep them off balance. It’s not the best team that wins. It’s the team that plays the best. Being ultra conservative would be like not even trying to win. And that is unexceptionable.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom