Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU) | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU)

Reaction Score
Boy, am not really looking forward to going to this game.

Reaction Score
Tulane is putting up 50 on us easily. If they can beat a good Army team, they will destroy us as badly as UCF.

Reaction Score
Willie Fritz was hired by Tulane in 2016. They were terrible that year but beat us in the last game of the season at the Rent which ended the Bob Diaco era here. In 2018 Tulane had a winning record and made a bowl game. This year they are even better. When people post that Edsall needs 3 to 5 years to turn this program around you have to wonder how good of a coach and program builder Edsall is when no other coach in the country gets that much time. I am still holding out hope that we see the turn around soon but it is so depressing going to all the home games and seeing less than 10,000. people in the stands.

Reaction Score
Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 3m
Another Tuesday in Storrs for UConn football coach Randy Edsall's weekly meeting with the media. Huskies visit Tulane on Saturday.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 17s
Edsall: “I thought today was a good day (of practice).”

Gavin Keefe @GavinKeefe 57s
Coach Randy Edsall: " I thought the energy was good today. Again, what we’ve got to do is we’ve got to take our execution to another level and consistency to another level. Sometimes that’s hard when you have so many young kids."

ThisIsUConnCountry @UConnSN 1m
"We need to tackle better. Tulane is top 10 in the nation in running the football." - Edsall #UConnFootball

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 15s
Edsall: “We’re a 1-4 team. We’re not good from a record standpoint. But there’s guys making improvements.”

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 23s
Randy Edsall: "You are what you are, and we're a 1-4 team. We're not good from a record perspective. But I see guys making improvement. And as long as we continue to make improvement, that's all you can ask for. And then you want the wins to come."

Alex Putterman @AlexPutterman 10s
Edsall says UConn has two freshmen on the bubble in terms of whether they'll be shut down to redshirt: LB Jackson Mitchell, CB Myles Bell

But based on depth (and lack thereof) on defense, it sounds like they'll keep playing, along with freshman WRs Cam Ross and Matt Drayton.

Neill Ostrout @NeillOstrout 25s
Edsall says his team has no season-ending injuries from the USF game.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I hope they red shirt both Jackson Mitchell and Myles Bell. After Paul all the cornerbacks look the same to me as far as their cover skills are concern. I don't see any upside in playing Myles this year.

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Tulane was a joke a couple years ago. Why did everyone get better but us?

Reaction Score
The triple option.

Every time I mention that moving to a triple option could be a positive change, people complain that it is too boring. They would prefer to see a Big 12 passing offense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom