Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU) | Page 3 | The Boneyard

Game Week: UConn @ Tulane (10/12/19 @ 3:45p ET on ESPNU)

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
I think UConn will play better against the run then they did against USF due to not playing a 4-2-5 which they played all of last week. Now Tulane is a better running team but not faster than USF. I think they win but I don't they will cover though I know most experts here think they will.

Reaction Score
I like our chances today.

IMG_6309.jpeg

Reaction Score
Edsall was mad that his quarterback for throwing a pass on a read option on a second and one with less than a minute to go in the half and the ball at the 47 tells you all that you need to know about Randy. He should never have anything to do with an offense. On the third down Randy got the call he wanted which was to run Mensah into the line for a no gain.

Reaction Score
Game had great weather, had been a very hot late September and early October.

Pretty decent crowd in the cheap seats, always amazed at how pricing of "special seats" always leaves them 80 % empty.

MB really throws a terrible ball; Mensah has no acceleration, cutting ability nor balance; Tulane was on their heals on maybe 6 out of UConn's 60 offensive plays with the remainder having multiple Tulane defenders attacking the ball (no deception; formation & personnel dictating play calling).

UConn can not guard both outside tackle and inside tackle runs, speed/size/positioning of LB's and extra DB just not physically capable of covering the space. No help from DL as these guys get little penetration and all seem quite slow.

Usually WR can block/manhandle DB's on WR screens; Tulane DB's just threw UConn's WR's out of the way and made tackles for a loss, some plays the pass was so bad the WR went down just trying to catch the ball.

Tulane DB's were all within 10 yards of line of scrimmage daring MB to go deep and quickly coming up to support the run; I am not sure how much OL can do with this type of defense to block, MB at QB and Mensah as RB and vanilla play calling.

The scrub time play of the RB Black showed he has some acceleration, not sure what's holding back him getting a few early game touches.

Can't start MB going forward. Need use more running backs. Must make opponent cover more of the field on defense.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom